- PADDLING TO T'ANUU. Stirling, Claire // British Columbia Magazine;Winter2006, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p32
The article provides information on the cultural legacy of the historic island of T'anuu in Haida Gwaii, British Columbia. According to the article, T'anuu once hosted a village of Haida families. Their totem poles marked the site, their dugout canoes lined its sandy beaches and they laid out...
- Reverberations. Hare, Susanne // Canadian Geographic;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p19
Presents letters to the editor in response to the article "Cougar Attack," which was published in the May/June 2004 issue of "Canadian Geographic."
- when CATS ATTACK. Chorney, Steve // Predator Xtreme;Winter2003, p60
Presents an article on the danger of cougar attack on human and animals in Alberta. Result of human and cougar interaction; Description of cougars; Effect of cougars on hunting.
- Big Cats on the Prowl. Harden, Blaine // New York Times Upfront;1/10/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the increasing population of mountain lions and their eastward movement in the U.S. Reason for the surging population of the lions; Attacks of lions on humans; Details on U.S. states wherein lions have established territories.
- Case of the cougar. // Science World;9/1/95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, pTE 6
Challenge readers to consider the viewpoints of a sport hunter, an animal-rights activist, a suburban resident and a cattle rancher regarding the increase of cougar attacks in the United States.
- Big Cat Comeback. Tennesen, Michael // Backpacker;Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p33
Provides information on cougars and cougar attacks.
- Predators on the prowl. Peyser, Marc; Glick, Daniel // Newsweek;1/8/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p58
Discusses bloody cougar attacks in the West. Iris Kenna, killed by a mountain lion near San Diego; Angry, shifting debate over how people and predators can coexist; Vote in California on mountain-lion hunting; Appearance of the animals in suburban backyards in search of food; Sentiment which...
- As cougar attacks grow, coexistence is key. Deurbrouck, Jo; Miller, Dean // Christian Science Monitor;5/9/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 115, p9
Discusses an increase in the rate of cougar attacks in North America and the outlook for cohabitation between humans and the cats as of spring 2001.
- Killer cougars on the prowl. Demers, Jim // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/29/96, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the increasing number of cougar sightings in Canada, as well as the increasing number of attacks on humans. Speculation as to the reasons for this including overpopulation, or that more people are entering the animals' territory; Details on individual cougar attacks.