News @ a glance
- Our Worldly Body. // Massage & Bodywork;Oct/Nov2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the author's experience of attending the Body Worlds 2 exhibit in Denver, Colorado. The author was amazed by the feature of the exhibit which was made possible by the Polish/German anatomist, Gunther von Hagens and his wife, Angelina Whalley. Moreover, the author was...
- gross anatomy. Burdick, Alan // Discover;Mar2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p46
Provides information on the exhibition "Body Worlds" in Stuttgart, Germany, which features art works from real human bodies created by German anatomist Gunther von Hagens. Description of the works; Popularity of the exhibit amoung tourists; Criticism of the works of von Hagens.
- Body Worlds Exhibits. // Yoga Studies;Jan-Apr2005, p29
The article reports on the Body Worlds exhibits held at the California Science Center. The exhibits provide an extraordinary opportunity for human beings to see inside their own skin, and an exceptional opportunity for health professionals who have not worked with cadavers. The new method called...
- Live bodies out, dead bodies in. // New Statesman;11/25/202, Vol. 131 Issue 4615, p7
Comments on the decision of Professor Gunther von Hagens to dissect a human body on television. Exploitation of living human bodies.
- Anatomy Art: Fascination beneath the Surface. Gray, Carl // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/22/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7314, p698
Reviews the exhibition 'Anatomy Art: Fascination beneath the Surface,' which displays the work of Gunther von Hagens showing at the Caves de Cureghem in Brussels, Belgium from September 2001 through February 2002.
- Anatomy for Beginners. Pintado, Santi // Ralph;Nov2006, p185
The article reviews the documentary DVD "Anatomy for Beginners," featuring Dr. Gunther von Hagens.
- VON HAGENS ET LA FABRIQUE DU CORPS (MORT). MASSON, CÉLINE // Canadian Journal of Psychoanalysis;Fall2015, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p324
Continuing an earlier study, "Les images modifies du corps," Revue canadienne de psychanalyse (2014), this article explores the anatomist Von Hagens's industrial method of plastinating corpses for museum display. It is based on interviews of employees working at the Institute for Plastination in...
- Plastics preserve the Worlds' bodies. Lea, Jason // Plastics News;7/25/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that Gunther von Hagens, inventor of the plastination process and creator of the two Body Worlds exhibitions, argues that the possibilities for morphological education are vast. Body Worlds and Body Worlds II have been touring the world since the first exhibit opened in Japan...
- NURSES PLEDGE BODIES TO CONTROVERSIAL PROGRAMME. // Nursing Standard;9/3/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p10
The article reports that a nurse and two nursing students from Great Britain have pledged to donate their bodies to a controversial medical program in the name of education. The nurses made the commitment to become body donors for German doctor Gunther von Hagens' plastination and education...