- New Times, More Fiction. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;6/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p126
Reports on the preference of Sam Tanenhaus, editor of the book review section of the "New York Times," to review more fiction. Plan of Tanenhaus to redesign the book review section.
- Times puts Tanenhaus on the books. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;3/11/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 54, p1
Reports on the appointment of biographer and "Vanity Fair" contributing editor, Sam Tanenhaus as editor of "New York Times Book Review" to replace Charles McGrath. Profile on Tanenhaus highlighting his published works and awards he received; Aspects of book reviewing in publishing.
- Tanenhaus to Lead 'Times Book Review' Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p5
Announces the appointment of Sam Tanenhaus as the head of the book review section of "New York Times." Reasons for the resignation of former head of the section Chip McGrath; Concerns of "New York Times" executive director Bill Keller after reading the critique submitted by Tanenhaus;...
- Whatever Happened to Sam Tanenhaus? McCain, Robert Stacy // American Spectator;Sep2012, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p50
The author speculates on the disappearance of Sam Tanenhaus following the publication of his book in September 2009 based on his article "Conservatism Is Dead: An Intellectual Autopsy of Movement," the cover story of the February 2009 "New Republic." He thinks that most of the praise came from...
- Sweeping Changes Planned for New York Times Book Review. // Book Publishing Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the plan for changes for "The New York Times Book Review," under the direction of editor Sam Tanenhaus. Decision of Tanenhaus to add more variety to the "New York Times" section; Benefits of the changes for authors; Number of employees in the staff lead by Tanenhaus.
- Tanenhaus Prepares for 'A Bit of a Show' at 'NYTBR' Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;4/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 15, p10
Interviews Sam Tanenhaus, appointed editor of the "New York Times Book Review" periodical. His views about his position; Expectations from him by the intellectual community and the general reading public; Criticism on the periodical.
- Reviewing the 'NYTBR'. Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 37, p22
Features Sam Tanenhaus, editor of the periodial "New York Times Book Review," (NYTBR) and the reestablishment of NYBTR in October 2004. Highlights of NYTBR; Mission of Tanenhaus for NYTBR to reflect and influence cultural scenes; Design of NYTBR.
- The Dualist. Judt, Tony // New Republic;04/14/97, Vol. 216 Issue 15, p38
Reviews the book "Whittaker Chambers," by Sam Tanenhaus.
- Inner Chambers. Teachout, Terry // National Review;2/10/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p49
The article reviews the book "Whittaker Chambers: A Biography," by Sam Tanenhaus.