Harvey Pekar Signs with Ballantine
- The Quitter. Rutherford, Dawn // School Library Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p253
The article reviews the book "The Quitter," by Harvey Pekar.
- Park honoring artist Pekar dedicated in Ohio. OSTER, MARCY // New Jersey Jewish News;7/30/2015, Vol. 69 Issue 31, p26
An obituary for comic book writer Harvey Pekar is presented.
- The Quitter. Mooney, Maureen // Library Media Connection;Mar2006, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p60
The article reviews the book "The Quitter," by Harvey Pekar and illustrated by Dean Haspiel.
- The Quitter. Raiteri, Steve // Library Journal;11/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p54
The article reviews the book "The Quitter," by Harvey Pekar and Dean Haspiel.
- Ballantine Stocking Up. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p9
Presents an update on book deals at Ballantine as of June 7, 2004. Number of book deals signed by author Stephen Frey; World rights deal signed by Mark Tavani with agent Cynthia Manson; Introduction of Frey's book "The Chairman."
- SINGING A NEW TOON. Grossman, Lev // Time;8/25/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p56
Discusses popular graphic novels, or comic books for adults. Motion picture production of "American Splendor," which is based on the work of Harvey Pekar; Literary status of graphic novels; Qualities of graphic novels which recommend them to mature readers.
- graphic novels. Cornog, Martha; Raiteri, Steve // Library Journal;7/1/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p57
This article previews a series of graphic novel reviews in the July 2006 issue of "Library Journal." The genre of graphic novels, otherwise known as comic books, is discussed through its history and popular graphic novels are highlighted. Comic book author Harvey Pekar, the author of "American...
- American Splendor: The Life and Times of Harvey Pekar/Best of American Splendor. Cornog, Martha // Library Journal;7/1/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p59
This article presents reviews of the novels "American Splendor: The Life and Times of Harvey Pekar," and "Best of American Splendor," by Harvey Pekar.
- Macedonia. Phillips, Jen // Mother Jones;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p78
The article reviews the book "Macedonia," by Harvey Pekar and Heather Roberson, illustrated by Ed Piskor.