Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline
- Houghton Sales Decline 6.2% In K-12; Dip 3.2% In College Market. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the decline of K-12 sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the revenue decline; Increase of college revenue; Plan of the company to improve its K-12 sales performance.
- Houghton Mifflin Pursues Copyright Infringement in India. // Educational Marketer;4/17/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the alleged copyright infringement of the India-based firms All India Publisher and Distributors and All India Traveler Bookseller on the college textbooks of Houghton Mifflin Co. Houghton Mifflin conducted an investigation regarding the alleged continued illegal printing...
- Oprah, Movie Tie-In Volatility Hits Houghton Mifflin in 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the decline of the 2005 sales of Houghton Mifflin Co., a book publishing company in the U.S. The decline was blamed on the lack of movie tie-in revenue from the 2004 film "The Polar Express." Other factor was the diminishing sales from the 2004 Oprah Book Club pick "The...
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p8
The article offers news briefs on publishing firms in the U.S. Horizon Textbook Publishing has released the fourth edition of the book "Understanding Algebra for College Students" in October 2006. Houghton Mifflin has released two books "The Enduring Vision: A History of the American People,"...
- New Hats in the Ring. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;4/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 15, p21
Looks at the book publishers in the United States which are going to launch children's imprints in 2004. Graphia, a paperback imprint from Houghton Mifflin; Amulet Books, a line for middle-grade and young-adult readers that encompasses fiction and non-fiction, from Abrams Books for Young...
- HM Expecting Strong Third Qtr. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on Houghton Miffflin's statement that it expects its third quarter performance to exceed expectations. Comments of Nader Darehshori, company chairman; Reasons for optimism; Company statistics and forecasting; Two additions to the board of directors.
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.
- Vivendi Woes Roil Foreign-Dominated Textbook Sphere. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the sale of a French media company, the educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. after its acquisition by Vivendi Universal SA. Reason for the sale of the company; Reason for lesser concern about the foreign ownership of textbook publishers in the United States; Uncertainty over...