Wiley Moves Forward with E-Text Plans via Deal with Aplia
- Wiley Partners with netLibrary, Lightning Source. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p41
Reports that, as of December, 2000, John Wiley & Sons has signed agreements with netLibrary and Lightning Source. Distribution of Wiley's frontlist titles; How netLibrary will provide digital conversion and electronic distribution, while Lightning Source will provide digital distribution...
- Wiley Announces New Funded Access Service. // Internet Resources Newsletter;Aug2006, Issue 143, p22
The article reports on the announcement of global publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc. regarding a new funded access service for authors of journal articles as of August 2006. The new program will allow authors to have the option of paying a fee to ensure that their article is available to...
- Wiley-Blackwell will publish Academic Emergency Medicine. // Research Information;Oct/Nov2007, Issue 32, p30
The article reports that Wiley-Blackwell was chosen by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine to publish "Academic Emergency Medicine," known as the society's flagship publication. The publication, which will be published by Wiley-Blackwell starting January 2008, features original articles...
- Wiley's Fiscal '04 Gets Off to Solid Start; College Revenue Rises 6.3%. // Educational Marketer;9/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the revenue growth of Hoboken, New Jersey-based company John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2004. Factors for the growth in the revenue of the company; Impact of growth in sales of life-science titles of the company in enhancing the first quarter revenue;...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the revenues of United States publishing firm John Wiley & Sons Inc. for its fiscal year ending April 2001.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p7
Reports the financial status of John Wiley and Son, a book publishing company in the United States. Percentage of net income increase; Announcement of the first quarter results; Increase on the profitability of the division.
- Wiley has strong second quarter; Inks more deals. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p16
Reports on John Wiley & Sons' strong results for the six-month period ended October 31, 1997. Announcement of a number of publishing partnerships; Statement of net income, sales gains and earnings; Improvement due to gains in all of the company's core businesses; Strategy used by Wiley to grow...
- New Wiley licensing policy alarms index publishers. G.F. // American Libraries;Apr95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p289
Reports that John Wiley & Sons has begun imposing licensing fees for the use of its abstracts by secondary publishers of abstracting and indexing titles. The attempt to increase revenues in the face of declining journal subscriptions; Other aspects.
- Wiley says no restructuring. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 42, p13
Reports John Wiley's denial of a report in the October 13, 1997 issue of `Business Week' that said the company planned to merge with another company or sell its college division. Wiley president Charles Ellis' memorandum to employees claiming the article was only speculation; Comments from...