Mel Gibson Movie Propels The Da Vinci Code to New Heights
- What we read and watch. // National Catholic Reporter;9/22/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p8
The article discusses the result of the survey conducted by Baylor University in Waco, Texas regarding how Americans relates their faith to the kinds of books and movies they read and watch. About 28 percent of the Americans revealed to have read "The Da Vinci Code" while 19 percent reported to...
- THE GOSPEL OF DEBBIE. Rudnick, Paul // New Yorker;3/15/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p158
Focuses on issues regarding the life of Jesus Christ featured in the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ," and the book "The Da Vinci Code." Devotion to all humanity; Divinity of Christ; Description of the golden goblet of Christ.
- Best-Sellers. // Entertainment Weekly;
Provides a chart of the top fiction and nonfiction books in the U.S. for the week ended July 18, 2004, including "The Da Vinci Code."
- A PASSION FOR PROFITS. Ressner, Jeffrey // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/22/2004, Issue 11, p12
The article reports that the Hollywood moguls are combing through the religious scriptures for religious-themed films. They are doing so, seeing the success of the film "The Passion of the Christ." The film has earned $250 million at the U.S. box office in just three weeks. The television...
- Lenten Gibson. Aitken, Jonathan // American Spectator;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p42
Discusses the impact of the Mel Gibson's film "The Passion of the Christ" on Christian communities across the U.S. Anecdotes of how the film caused spiritual deepening among the viewers; Support from Evangelical Protestants.
- Da Vinci Code Still Tops Hardcover Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;8/30/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p7
Reports on the continued leadership of the Dan Brown book "The Da Vinci Code" in the "New York Times" hardcover fiction bestseller list in the U.S. Enumeration of the top best-selling books of Penguin Group USA Inc., Simon & Schuster Inc., and Time Warner Inc.; Commitment of Harlequin Inc. to...
- 675,000 Copies Of The Da Vinci Code Special Edition Printed. // Book Publishing Report;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the number of published copies of the special illustrated edition of "The Da Vinci Code," which has made a home on nearly every bestseller list since its publication in March 2003 in the U.S.
- 'Code' breaks market's sluggishness. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;1/12/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 8, pA15
Presents information on the condition of the book industry in the U.S. in 2003. Number of hardcover copies of the book "The Da Vinci Code," by Dan Brown that was in print in the first week of December 2003; Authors who led the demand for liberal books; Publishing contracts reached in 2003.
- The Da Vinci Code Cult. Sheaffer, Robert // Skeptic;2005, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p22
Analyzes the book "The Da Vinci Code," by Dan Brown. Reasons why the book became very popular; Major premise of the book; Flaws of the book; Reaction of the Catholic Church to the book; Allegations made by the authors of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," that Brown plagiarized their work; Need for the...