TOP 10 SELLERS GAY & LESBIAN DVD
- WHY GAY MOVIES SUCK. Epstein, Jeffrey // Out;Oct2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
Criticizes several motion pictures about gays. "Party Monster"; "Friends and Family"; "Mambo Italiano"; "The Embalmer."
- Hide & Seek: Finding gay films in town isn't child's play! Cohen, Neil // Echo Magazine;11/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p59
Presents several gay-themed films released in the U.S. as of November 2003. "Party Monster"; "Girls Will Be Girls?"; "Valley of the Dolls"; "The Event."
- TOP 20 SELLERS. Bennett, Dan // Video Store Magazine;8/29/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p16
Presents a chart of the top 20 gay and lesbian films on DVD based on sales in the U.S. as of August 23, 2004, including "Angels in America" and "The Trip."
- The Trip. Copestake, Andrew // Gay Times (09506101);Jan2006, Issue 328, p136
The article reviews the motion picture "The Trip," starring Alexis Arquette, released on DVD format.
- 'Mile,' 'Monster' land Berlin sidebar berths. Kohl, Christian // Daily Variety;1/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the inclusion of the motion picture 'Party Monster' in the feature films screening at the Berlin International Film Festival in Cologne, Germany. Venue of the film showing; Number of films lined up for the screening; Programs and activities of the film screening.
- KILLER DISCO. // Diva;Oct2003, Issue 89, p15
Features the film 'Party Monster,' to be shown in Great Britain from October 17, 2003. Story of New Yorker, Michael Alig, who was convicted of killing drug dealer, Angel Melendez; Cast.
- Film reviews. Harvey, Dennis // Variety;02/09/98, Vol. 369 Issue 13, p73
Reviews the motion picture `Party Monster,' directed by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato.
- 5 DRUG BUSTS. // Gay Times (09506101);Feb2008, Issue 353, p47
The article presents a list of drug-inspired films including "Party Monster," "Drugstore Cowboy" and "Cocaine Cowboys."
- Life Of The Party Monster. // Billboard;5/17/2014, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p6
The article presents events surrounding club kid Michael Alig's 1997 killing of Andre Melendez, including suspecting 1996 newspaper articles, actor Macauley Culkin's portrayal of of Alig in the film adaptation "Party Monster" in 2003, and Alig's interest in selling portraits he painted in prison.