- Cool off. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/2005, Issue 5418, p26
Introduces the Coolmax Sleep System from the Pocket Spring Bed Co. Benefits of the system; Materials installed in the bedding system; Details on the system's technological aspects.
- Engineered wood creates new hardware & assembly options. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb93, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p78
Presents the benefits provided by engineered wood products to furniture manufacturers. Early problems of materials in manufacturing wood furniture; Attraction of the interest of furniture and cabinet due to improved wood products; Evolution of a system of furniture manufacturing; Increase in...
- More using smart tech. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;8/16/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p1
The article focuses on the use of smart technology in the furniture industry. It mentions that smart phones and tablet computers help the industry connect with customers and enhance sales presentations. It states that Simmons Bedding Co. will be introducing quick response (QR) tags on its 2010...
- Cool win for Kaymed. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2005, Issue 5457, p6
Reports on the victory of Kaymed company's Visco Airplayer mattress in the 2005 Innovation Award of Furniture Industry Research Association in Great Britain. Description of the Visco Airplayer mattress; Presentation of award at the House of Commons on September 16, 2005; Impression of the judges...
- Perfection achieved? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/8/2006, Issue 5517, p23
The article reports on the developments in bed manufacturing and designing in Great Britain. According to sources, 2006 is the year when companies decided that technology had reached its peak and it is time for genuine product innovations. In addition, several companies, including Pocket Sprung...
- In praise of technology and those who make it happen. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p58
Looks into the significance of computer technology to the operations of furniture companies. Description of the structure of notebook computer; Replacement of old computers with the upgraded and high technology computers; Usability of the technology.
- The benefits of timely topics and networking. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;2/18/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p30
Focuses on the author's account of his participation in the Furniture/Today Leadership Conference held in Key Biscayne, Florida as of February 18, 2002. Topic discussed in the conference; Facilities available in the furniture market of High Point, North Carolina; Role of technological...
- A NEW WAY OF GOING UP TO BED. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/24/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4646, p44
The article reports on Liftbed, which is a new piece of space-saving technology from Germany, designed to transform a meeting room or other space into a fully functional bedroom, where space wouldn't normally allow.
- System aims to bridge mattress return problems. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;11/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p27
Comments on the mattress return problems in the United States. Development of the Bedbridge, a metal support system to answer the problem; Replacement of wood slats with heavy-duty steel support beams; Efforts in convincing retailers to sell the support system.