News in brief
- Port change aids growth. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2013, Issue 5829, p4
The article reports that supply chain business PD Ports has been appointed by furniture retailer Barker and Stonehouse to oversee the handling and distribution of its global furniture products.
- And the nominee is - Barker and Stonehouse. // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2009, Issue 5624, p6
The article reports that Barker and Stonehouse, a furniture retailer based in Middlesbrough, England has been shortlisted for a national award. It is stated that Barker and Stonehouse is the only independent retailer to make in the shortlist which includes Marks & Spencer Group PLC, Morrisons...
- The public's favourites. // Cabinet Maker;2/14/2003, Issue 5324, p13
Features the recipient of the consumers' choice of Independent and Multiple retailer for the year 2003 in Great Britain. Selection of Barker & Stonehouse as the best independent furniture retailer; Recognition of Ikea AB as the multiple retailer of the year.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p33
Reports on developments related to the furniture industry. Opening of a Barker and Stonehouse shop in Sydney, Australia; Marketing plan of Alstons; Vogue Beds' donation of mattresses to Hinckley Homeless Group in Great Britain.
- Selling dreams with furniture. Britton, Linda // Cabinet Maker;2/9/2007, Issue 5524, p32
The article discusses the winter marketing campaign by retailer Barker & Stonehouse in the furniture industry in Great Britain. The campaign encourages consumers to fall in love with the interior offering and the promised lifestyle, targeting women. Marketing director James Barker understands...
- Blow for new store plans. // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2003, Issue 5327, p2
Reports on the store plans of the furniture company Barker & Stonehouse in England. Concern of the surveyor CB Hillier Parker on the plan; Restrictions on the store plans; Consideration of the proposal by the Middlesbrough Council.
- Barker & Stonehouse launch recycling scheme. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2009, Issue 5620, p8
The article reports that Barker & Stonehouse has merged with Owton Fen Community Association (OFCA) to launch a mattress and furniture recylcing scheme. Barker & Stonehouse has partnered with OFCA's SHELVE recycling initiative which is responsible for recycling facility in order to reduce its...
- B&S adds to Tyneside stores with MetroCentre. // Cabinet Maker;04/17/98, Issue 5084, p4
Focuses on the opening of the first Barker & Stonehouse's Tyneside store at the MetroCentre site in Great Britain. Transfer of the company's Newcastle city center store at the Strawberry Place site; Major problems with the store at Newcastle city.
- Barker and Stonehouse tees off for FIT. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2010, Issue 5712, p9
The article offers information on the annual golf day of Barker and Stonehouse Ltd. at the Catterick Golf Club in North Yorkshire, England wherein golfers have raised 6,500 British pound for the Furnishing Industry Trust.