Clinton Signs Higher Education Act Reauthorization
- Postsecondary Educational Expenses. // Credit Union Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p48
The article reports on the terms and conditions covered by the postsecondary educational expenses under the Higher Education Act of 1965 in the U.S.
- Setting HEOA Compliance Priorities. // Student Affairs Leader;2/1/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the online seminar titled "Exploring New Regulations of the Higher Ed Opportunity Act," wherein a panel of law experts examined the top priorities in the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) during an online seminar.
- With Congress on recess, HEA talks enter final stages. Dervarics, Charles // Black Issues in Higher Education;08/20/98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p8
Discusses issues being debated in the United States Congress concerning a final compromise bill for the Higher Education Act (HEA). Welfare reform; Pell grants; Hispanic-serving institutions.
- The Higher Education Act of 1992. Hannah, Susan B. // Journal of Higher Education;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p498
Discusses the provisions of the United States Higher Education Act of 1992. Shift in federal financial aid policy from grants to loans; Case study of the federal policy-making process; Shifts in power of actors and constraints in environment shape policy outcomes.
- THE NEW COMPETITION FOR COLLEGE. Liberman, Ellen // State Legislatures;May2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the effort of U.S. lawmakers to make higher education more entrepreneurial, accessible and accountable to students and taxpayers. Competitors of traditional academia; Growth of competition for college students in the 1990s; Factors contributing to the growth in the higher education...
- Graduate America. Duncan, Arne // Hill;9/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 102, p32
The article focuses on the higher education agenda of U.S. President Barack Obama which includes a set of funding and policies to improve the access of students to higher education and make college more affordable.
- Year-End Push May Omit Higher-Ed Bill. Dervarics, Charles // Community College Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the Higher Education Technical Amendments Act in the United States. Policy disagreements on the act; Information on the expansion of federal TRIO programs; Provision on the repayment of Pell Grants by college dropouts.
- Internet Equity Act Clears House Committee. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Oct2001, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p6
Presents the Internet Equity and Education Act 1992 passed by the House education and the Workforce Committee in the United States. Amendment of the Higher Education Act of 1965; Decline of the student loan default rate; Improvement of learning opportunities.
- Distance learning programs gain ground. DERVARICS, CHARLES // Community College Week;11/30/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p3
States that changes in United States student financial aid rules under the Higher Education Act could expand the number and scope of distance learning programs nationwide. Salient provision of the Higher Education Act which was signed into law by President Bill Clinton; How it will help...