Houghton Fills CFO, COO Posts; Moves Metayer to Head Assessment
- Houghton Mifflin is Close to Naming New CEO; Harcourt's Tony Lucki Said to Have Inside Track. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the negotiation between Houghton Mifflin and Tony Lucki concerning the chief executive job position in the U.S. Duration of the negotiations; Appointment of executive vice president Sylvia Metayer as interim chief executive; Career highlights of Lucki.
- Tony and Donna Lucki: Education Publishing's New Power Couple. // Educational Marketer;7/21/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Tony and Donna Lucki are leaving Harcourt to assume top executive positions at Houghton Mifflin.
- Lack of Adoptions Drops Sales at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2004. Reason for the decrease in the total sales posted by the firm, according to company president Tony Lucki; Rise in college division sales; Decline in net loss.
- O'Malley to Join HM Kids. // Publishers Weekly;1/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p116
Reports on the appointment of executive Judy O'Malley at Houghton Mifflin.
- Houghton Mifflin Gets Lucki, Sales Gains. Milliot, Jim; Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p114
Reports the appointment of Tony Lucki as CEO of Houghton Mifflin. Career backgroound of Lucki; Information on the expenditures of Houghton Mifflin to keep and shed some of its employees as of August 2003; Details on the performance of the company in the first-half of 2003.
- Loners Need Not Apply. R.C.C. // Financial Executive;May/Jun99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p30
This article discusses the succession plans of Houghton Mifflin Co., a publishing company, with chief financial officer Gail Deegan. The firm emphasizes this process; the human-resources department works with the chief executive officer to determine potential future executives. Deegan describes...
- A few good women at the top: The China case. Liu, Shimin // Business Horizons;Jul2013, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p483
Abstract: In the face of global economic downturns, an increasing number of women are rising to top management positions. What happened in China seems to resonate with the trend in the West. In China, only one in four have made it to the top management level, with a majority taking the position...
- Houghton Mifflin Sales on Track. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 47, p9
Discusses the financial results of book publisher Houghton Mifflin (HM) in the third quarter ended September 30, 2003. Revenue and net income for the quarter; Amount of sales in the quarter; Salary to be received by Tony Lucki who was appointed as CEO of HM.
- Micro Key Solutions Names New COO/CFO. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2013, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p36
The article reports that Joe Ligouri was promoted to chief operating officer (COO) and as chief financial officer (CFO) at Micro Key Solutions.