Thomson Learning Says Online Textbook Ordering Is Catching On; 53% of Orders Are Electronic
- Confessions of a Serial Clicker: Ulrich's on the Web. McDermott, Irene E. // Searcher;Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p8
Introduces the Ulrichsweb.com Web site of R.R. Bowker LLC. Features; Advantages; Information on the search button of the site.
- Web Watch. // R&D Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p15
Describes the Web sites of several companies as of January 2000. Information on R.R. Bowker's Web site which provides access to its serials databases; Features of the PACS Super Site; Data-capture site for clinical trials.
- Business... // Link-Up;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p13
Presents news briefs on the Internet industry as of July 2001. Information on the business intelligence meta search engine of IntelliSeek; Report of the United States Department of Commerce Census Bureau on electronic commerce; Online publishing industry portal of the company R.R. Bowker.
- Stand Out on the Web. // Stitches Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p29
The article provides information on online commerce. The ratio of increase in Internet sales to that of retail sales was 14% and 2.8% respectively, in the first quarter of 2008. Web site upgrades are now considered essential as technology continues to develop and customers come to expect...
- How to shop safely online. // RN;Apr2004 Supplement, Vol. 67, p13
Provides tips on how to shop safely in the Internet. Advantages of shopping in the Internet; Need to search the Internet if you are not familiar with the Web site; Comparison of prices in different stores; Know the value of the items you need.
- Effects of Interactivity on Website Involvement and Purchase Intention. Zhenhui Jiang; Chan, Jason; Tan, Bernard C. Y.; Wei Siong Chua // Journal of the Association for Information Systems;Jan2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p34
This study aims to understand how website interactivity (active control and reciprocal communication) can impact purchase intention through website involvement and how the impacts are moderated by the type of products featured on websites. In a laboratory experiment, 186 participants were asked...
- virtual attractions. // Marie Claire (US);Sep2009 Supplement, Vol. 16, p70
The article reviews several online shopping websites including beauty.com, avelle.com, and tiffany.com.
- New Luxury Site Targets Japan As Online Sales Gain. Kaiser, Amanda // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/27/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 43, p5
The article presents information on the launch of Glamour-sales.com, a new luxury e-commerce website. Owned and managed by a group of French nationals, the website will sell lifestyle products ranging from Prada eyewear to packages at luxury hotels and cars from Peugeot. Initially the website...
- Feed Your Shopping Habit. Scott, James // New Media Age;6/26/2008 Online Marketing, p20
The article focuses on the significant opportunities being offered by comparison shopping engines (CSE) to retailers in Great Britain. Examples of CSE include Kelkoo, Shopping.com and Shopzilla. When measured solely on a last-referrer basis, CSE accounted for between 10 and 15 percent of online...