Elementary Reading, McDougal Littell Drive K-12 Sales, Which Propel Houghton Mifflin Up 5.8%
- Houghton Mifflin Revenue Flat in Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;8/14/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p4
The article reports that the trade and reference revenue of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts, was stagnant in the second quarter of the year 2006 with an increase in sales of $28.6 million. There was a decrease of $53.5 million in the total division revenue in the first six months...
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p8
The article offers news briefs on publishing firms in the U.S. Horizon Textbook Publishing has released the fourth edition of the book "Understanding Algebra for College Students" in October 2006. Houghton Mifflin has released two books "The Enduring Vision: A History of the American People,"...
- Houghton Mifflin And WebCT Announce Alliance For College Mkt. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the partnership of higher education publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. with WebCT to deliver its college textbooks and materials through the course management software of WebCT.
- Synergy, Adoptions and Acquisitions Suggested as Possible Growth Drivers for Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;1/20/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the growth strategy for Houghton Mifflin Co. in the U.S. Market share of the educational publisher; Product development and distribution partnership with Thomas H. Lee's portfolio units; Pursuit of opportunities on the K-12 textbook adoption circuit.
- EM's Top 10 Stories In 2005 Show An Industry On The Move. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
The article presents the top ten events in the PreK-12 and college publishing industry in the U.S. in 2005. They include the launch of an initiative to counter concerns about textbook pricing, the launch of two new basal textbook programs by Houghton Mifflin Co., the impact of the Hurricane...
- Vivendi to Sell Houghton Mifflin to Pay Debt? // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p4
Examines whether Vivendi Universal SA will sell educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. to pay debts. Anti-trust issues; Crossovers in textbooks.
- EM's Top Higher Education Stories of 2007. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p5
The article offers information on the top higher education stories of 2007 reviewed by "Educational Marketer." It mentions the acquisition of college business of Houghton Mifflin Co. by Cengage Learning Inc. and its emergence from the 7.75 million dollars sale of Thomson Learning's academic and...
- ORIGINAL INVESTIGATION IN NORMAL SCHOOLS. Bolton, Frederick R. // Education;Jun1900, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p603
This article presents an opinion about the necessity for teachers' college master teachers to publish textbooks for teachers' colleges, elementary, secondary, and higher education. Master teachers should also have an influential say in the selection and arrangement of materials for teaching....
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin posted a 13.4% decline in its 2003 trade and reference publishing revenues versus 2002. Factors behind the decline in revenues; Growth targets and strategies; Implications on book publishing.