- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/14/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 24, p35
Ranks brokerage stocks and bank stocks according to performance as of June 8, 2004. Stock price indexes as of June 8, 2004; Price changes; High and low prices.
- Big fall in the market. Tandukar, Amita; Le Mesurier, Kristen; May, Julia // BRW;1/25/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p80
The article focuses on the big fall in the market of the Australian Stock Exchange/Standard & Poors 200. The stock exchange index recorded its biggest one-day fall in three months on January 18, 2006. The decline of 79.2 points to 4786.9 points came after strong growth in the past six months...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/22/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 36, p34
Several charts related to stock exchanges in the U.S. in September 2008 are presented, including the performance rankings of brokerage stocks, the performance rankings of bank stocks, and the indices of financial performance for S&P 500, AMEX Broker Dealer and U.S. brokerage stocks from...
- Watch the Transports. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/8/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 49, p3
Reports on the performance of stocks in the stock market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Reach of 18-month high of Dow Industrials and S&P 500 Index; Increase in the manufacturing activity; Discussion of the Dow Theory regarding the performance of stocks.
- Finance. // Inside Tucson Business;9/26/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p28
Presents a chart depicting the stock exchange rate, stock indices, and market and sector performance of companies in Tucson, Arizona.
- The Weather and Stock Returns in New Zealand. Keef, Stephen P.; Roush, Melvin L. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter/Spring2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1/2, p61
We examine how the daily returns of the Value-Weighted All Shares Stock Index of the New Zealand Stock Exchange are influenced by different facets of Wellington's weather. The period studied is June 1986 to October 2002. Factor analysis of eight weather variables results in the extraction of...
- Macedonia: MBI-10: Watch The Neckline. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/11/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p17
The article discusses the performance of Macedonian equities index MBI-10 as of February 11, 2008. A bearish outlook is offered to the MBI-10 as it bounces back to the support level of 7,000. This downside trend is attributed to the negative investor confidence in the emerging Europe region and...
- Southeast Asian Stock Market Linkages: Evidence from Pre- and Post-October 1997. Daly, Kevin James // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p73
Presents a study which investigated the static and dynamic interdependence of the stock markets of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and the advanced stock markets of Australia, Germany and the U.S. from 1990 to 2001. Approach used to measuring contagion across stock...
- China Shares: Watch 1,200. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the performance of Shanghai Composite Index in China. Measures designed to strengthen the stock market; Concerns arising from the decline of the market.