Lessons of Risk In AAA-Rated ABS
- Is there safety in structure when structures can change? M.G.; K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p14
Reports on challenges faced by investors in asset-backed securities (ABS) in the United States. Collapse of Heilig-Meyers in 2000; Bankruptcy of Conseco Finance; Trends in ABS bankruptcies.
- ABS IN DISTRESS. // Asset Securitization Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p15
Reports on asset-backed securitization (ABS) companies with financial problems. Conseco Finance's transfer of servicing; DVI Inc.'s filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Heilig-Meyers' principal loss for senior ABS holders; NextCard Inc.; Allegation of fraud against National Century...
- MH sector rattles with life, as secondary market heats up. // Asset Securitization Report;4/5/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the performance of asset-backed securities in the U.S. in the week of April 5, 2004. Slowdown in new issues; Clearing levels for various bonds; Most prevalent bond throughout the week; Performance of bonds issued by Conseco Finance Corp.
- ABS finds it's by no means immune to market rumble. Gregory, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, pN.PAG
Presents information about credit ratings of asset-backed securities (ABS) offered by Heilig-Meyers Inc. Finance contracts backing the securities; Ratings for home-equity ABS.
- Fitch Puts $1.5B of King County, Wash., GO Bonds on Negative Rating Watch. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p3
The article reports that $1.5 billion general obligation (GO) bonds of King County, Washington was given a negative rating by the Fitch Ratings as a result of the exposure of its investment pool to asset-backed securities. Its $280 million of unlimited-tax GOs had a AAA rating, while its $1.23...
- Agencies: ABS label doesn't mean ABS deal. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p4
Focuses on the rating criteria for municipal asset-backed securities compared to those of corporate bond deals in the United States. Rating of bond issues as asset-backed deals rather than revenue bond or other traditional municipal bond financings; Importance of increasing coverage in...
- Pub ABS deals hold steadfast, despite uncertainty in sector. // Asset Securitization Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p20
Affirms the ratings of Pubmaster Finance Ltd. and Punch Taverns Finance PLC with release of the interim results by the Punch Group. Indications showing no increase in the number of tenants in difficulty despite continued slowdown of consumer spending in beer sales; Factors that contribute to the...
- Conseco Suspends Payments of MF Trusts. // National Mortgage News;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p23
Reports the suspension of Conseco Finance Corp. of guarantee payments relating to trusts which are part of asset-backed securities deals. Sale of Conseco of charge-offs to Cavalry Investments; Amount of receivables of Conseco subprime mortgage divisions.
- Deal struck with unsecuritized Heilig-Meyers portfolio. Gregory, Michael // Asset Securitization Report;10/15/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 39, p6
Reports on sale of the unsecuritized consumer receivables of Heilig-Meyers in the United States. List of investors purchasing the consumer receivables; Origination of the consumer receivables between the company's last securitization in 1998 and its bankruptcy in September 2000; Factors...