More Thumbs Up for Trust And Processing Banks
- State Street Shares Remain Strong Despite Some Cautionary Notices. PTACEK, MEGAN J. // American Banker;3/30/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 62, p24
Reports that State Street Corp.'s stock has surged since its March 15, 2000 announcement that its earnings would exceed expectations. Percentage increase of the stock price; Executives' expectations on the continued increase of the company's earnings for the quarter.
- First Midwest Posts Loss. Barba, Robert // American Banker;1/24/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 16, p20
The article offers a report on the earnings of First Midwest Bancorp Inc., located in Itasca, Illinois. A description of the how much the company's shares dropped and a brief suggestion for the cause are also given. Previous earnings for the company are also included. The article focuses...
- 1Q Earnings Windfall for Peoples of Biloxi. Kline, Alan // American Banker;5/16/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 93, p4
Reports that Peoples Financial Corp. in Biloxi, Mississippi has revised its first-quarter earnings upward after receiving full payment of a $5.5 million loan that it had previously classified as impaired. First-quarter earnings statistics; Stock price.
- Tax Law Sparks 2Q Charge at State Street. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;6/1/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 104, p20
The article mentions that State Street Corp. plans to take a noncash charge of $50 million, or 15 cents a share, to reflect an adjustment to tax expenses. The company cited a tax law change that will repeal a rule allowing some income generated by leveraged leases to be excluded from federal taxes.
- Which way trust? Asher, Joe // Banking;Feb77, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p37
Deals with the need for profits of the trust departments of banks in the U.S. Issues related to profits before or after credit for balances; Allocation of overhead; Ways to make a trust company a high-return business. INSET: Trust people in general are not aggressive enough marketers.
- Banks Dip in Post-Thanksgiving Trading. // American Banker;12/2/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 229, p24
Reports on the decline in stock prices of U.S. banks on November 29, 2002. Statistics related to the stocks prices of banks.
- Bad End to the Week for Bank Stocks. Monks, Matthew // American Banker;6/7/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 86, p12
The article reports that prices of U.S. banking stocks were sharply lower for a week in June 2010.
- Stocks. // U.S. Banker;May99, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p20
Presents prices of bank stocks in the United States for May 1999. Includes top gainers and losers; Share prices of super regional banks and community banks.
- Hearings: Banks Should Have Done Own Due Diligence. // Bank Loan Report;7/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the declining stock prices of JP Morgan and Citigroup following congressional hearings on the banks' roles in aiding Enron to disguise liabilities as revenue from commodity trades in the U.S. as of July 2002.