Street Smarts = Sports Savvy?
- Game Misconduct. // Forbes Global;12/8/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p40
Presents a chart of team values in the National Hockey League with their principal owners. New York Rangers of Cablevision Systems; Dallas Stars of Thomas Hicks; Toronto Maple Leafs of Larry Tanenbaum; Philadelphia Flyers of Comcast Spectator.
- Three strikes and he's out. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;7/12/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p1
The article offers information on various financial problems of three professional sports teams, owned by Thomas O. Hicks Jr. It states that his baseball team, Texas Rangers Baseball Partners, is likely to be auctioned through the bankruptcy court. It mentions that his hockey team, Dallas Stars,...
- Mega-week for Thomas Hicks. Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the more than 300 radio station acquisitions of businessman Thomas O. Hicks' Capstar Broadcasting Partners. Plans of additional acquisitions; Includes the deal with Knight Quality Stations for eight stations in Massachusetts which amounted to $70 million.
- The acquisitive type. E.A.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/96, Vol. 126 Issue 40, p76
Profiles Thomas Ollis Hicks, chairman and founder of investment firm Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc. Family and educational background; Career history; Broadcasting investments; Business philosophy.
- Hicks tops 400. Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/25/97, Vol. 127 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the successful bid made by Thomas Hicks for the purchase of SFX Broadcasting Inc. for $2.1 billion. Arrangements on merging SFX with Capstar Broadcasting Partners LP; Share prices of both companies; Speculations on the sale of SFX's radio stations. INSET: Next up, ARS?, by E.A.R..
- Thomas O. Hicks. Hollandsworth, Skip // Texas Monthly;Sep98, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p117
Features Thomas O. Hicks, owner of the baseball team Texas Rangers. Publications that often writes story about companies bought by Hicks' leveraged buyout firm, Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst; Description given to Hicks by his business partners.
- Humbled Hicks Hits Unforgiving LBO Comeback Trail. Milligan, Jack // American Banker;1/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on Thomas O. Hicks, chief executive of Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc., a leveraged buyout firm in Dallas, Texas. Impact of the loss of the firm on Hicks; Expenses for the purchase of minority stakes in broadband communications and technology services companies; Educational and career...
- Galveston Warmth Engulfs BVA's 67th. // BVA Bulletin;Autumn2012, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p12
Information on the Blinded Veterans Association (BVA) 67th National Convention held in Galveston, Texas in 2012 on the annals of the Association's history is presented. Topics include the recognition of Thomas Hicks as winner of the Melvin J. Maas Award, Randall Durrigan as recipient of the...
- Even for Hicks Muse, a Good Acquisition Is Hard to Find. Robinson, Edward // Fortune;7/19/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p161
Presents an interview with Tom Hicks, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hicks Muse Taste & Furst equity firm. Their purchase of business units shed by Fortune 500 companies; The state of the business buyout industry as of July 1999; The difficulty of finding good acquisitions; The firm's...