- United Nations Reports on Status of the AIDS Epidemic. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jun2006, p119
The article focuses on an annual report issued by the United Nations AIDS Program. The report revealed that much of Africa and Asia the new cases were still increasing, that prevention efforts and medication were unevenly distributed, and that 4.1 million people were newly infected and 2.8...
- Aids: A worldwide emergency. Mayor, Federico // UNESCO Courier;Jun95, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p4
Editorial. Comments on the United Nations' development of a joint HIV/AIDS program to promote better coordination action at the international level. Exchanging information through preventive education programs; Need for international mobilization.
- HIV/AIDs declaration. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/12/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 10, pE656
The article reports on the initiative of the United Nations' General Assembly to plan for the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS at participating countries.
- International AIDS Notes. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jun2005, p128
Presents developments related to the AIDS epidemic. Assessment and evaluation made by the United Nations (UN) General Assembly held on June 2, 2005 on the current situation of the worldwide HIVâ„AIDS outbreak; Estimation of the UN on the number of people who were affected by the disease...
- AIDS PREVENTION: Youth at the Center. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p32
Provides information on programs targeting AIDS prevention.
- INDUSTRIALIZED COUNTRIES PREVENTING A RESURGENCE OF HIV TRANSMISSION. // Foreign Affairs;May/Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p31
While 95 percent of all infections occur in low- and middle-income countries, the fight against the HIV/AIDS epidemic is not over in rich countries. An increasing body of evidence indicates that people in developed countries have increased risk behaviors in recent years. Studies in...
- The 'Safety Counts' HIV prevention model. // AIDS Alert;Aug2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p90
The article reports on the use of the Safety Counts model version for HIV prevention to measure the impact of HIV and hepatitis education, and the treatment for substance abuse for people who are at high-risk on the infection in New York.
- Fidelity Urged to Fight AIDS. Okite, Odhiambo // Christianity Today;07/12/99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the call of African politicians, bureaucrats, international technocrats and church leaders for abstinence and fidelity in response to the growth of AIDS in Africa. Number of AIDS-related deaths in Africa per day; Effect of AIDS on the human development efforts of tropical African...
- Fenway Health and AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts enter into strategic partnership. // Bay Windows;7/4/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on a strategic partnership between Boards of-Directors at Fenway Health and AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts (AAC) to better provide care and services for New England's HIV patients.