Downwind Docking With a Single-Screw Boat
- GRINDING GRID'S GEARS PINING FOR SIMPLER TIMES, OR AT LEAST SIMPLER BOATS. // Sea Magazine;Mar2012, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p28
The article presents the author's comments on having simpler boats. The author tells about his longing for boats that do not have complex structure and operations, and also have simple names. The author says that boats have become complex these days as boat owners want to be able to operate the...
- Making Anchor Rodes and Dock Lines. Freidman, Joe // Boating;Feb2006, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p84
The article provides tips on how to make anchor rodes and dock lines. A strip of tape around the line from the rope's end should be wrapped. The typical rode is made from three-strand nylon line that has an eye splice around a galvanized steel. The connection between rope and chain must be...
- Cruise stop bid goes into terminal decline. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;6/3/2005, Issue 1772, p76
The article informs that demands for a new cruiseline terminal in east London, England, have suffered a setback after the Lewisham Council green lit a housing development and recycling centre. At a planning meeting last week councillors gave outline permission for a 168 million pounds...
- HELPING HAND. Hemmel, Jeff // Boating;Jun2004, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p56
Features the Boat Buddy, a boat ramp fastener developed by Kodiak Products. Design of the equipment; Equipment specifications; Retail price.
- The Power of Practice. THOMAS, ZACK // Boating World;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p16
The article discusses the value of practice in boat handling, particularly in launching and docking the boat. It suggests ways on practicing steering when approaching docks, quays, and trailers. It also recommends rehearsing the launching and loading procedures on a deserted ramp with one's...
- Tip Sheet. // MotorBoating;Apr2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4, p54
Provides information on facilities and establishments that may be of use to boaters visiting the city of Salem, Massachusetts. List of dockage and mooring areas located in the city; Locations where boaters can find fuel; Contact information linking to harbormasters.
- Modelling path flows for a combined ship routing and inventory management problem. Christiansen, Marielle; Nygreen, Bjørn // Annals of Operations Research;1998, Vol. 82 Issue 1-4, p391
We consider a combined time constrained ship routing and inventory management problem. A fleet of ships transports a single product between production and consumption harbours. The transporter has the responsibility for keeping the stock level within its limits at all actual harbours, and there...
- Squeeze Play. Reininger, Stuart // MotorBoating;Aug2003, Vol. 192 Issue 2, p18
Offers advice when performing a side-to-landing at a crowded dock. Disadvantage of a downstream or downwind landing; Things to consider when landing upstream or upwind; Tips when docking solo.
- New Docks at Poets Cove. Vassilopoulos, Peter // Pacific Yachting: Boating in the Pacific Northwest;Aug2009, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p11
The article resorts on the new docks installed by Poets Cove Marina in Washington for visitors' convenience. The fingers on the outer dock at the popular resort marina were replaced and redesigned to accommodate larger vessels. A new double lane ramp to the shore was also created which had been...