Tax-Avoidance Life Insurance Schemes Redux
- Leveraging The Multiple Tax Advantaged Trust. Schreiber, Donald G. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/15/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 38, p35
The article examines the multiple tax-avoidance power of multiple tax advantage trust (MTAT) in the U.S. According to the author, to avoid estate taxation on life insurance is for a MTAT to be the owner and beneficiary of the life insurance policy on grantor from the policy's inception. In...
- Finance Act 1975 changes affecting life assurance. Torkington, George Gillespie // Accountancy;Jul1976, Vol. 87 Issue 995, p48
This article reports on the changes in insurance legislation under the Finance Act 1975 in Great Britain. The significance of the March 26, 1974 date is that in respect of qualifying life policies issued from that date, claw back of tax relief became operative on a surrender, part surrender or...
- Court Deals Blow To Charitable Split-Dollar. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p6
Reports that a federal appeals court decision supporting federal law outlawing private deductions on charitable split-dollar arrangements does not impose any liability on the insurance companies that wrote the policies. Potentially lucrative tax shelter that high-end brokers had used to sell...
- Tax Fraud Blotter: 335 Out of 340. Stimpson, Jeff // Accountingtoday.com;7/10/2016, p1
A roundup of our favorite recent tax fraud cases.
- Share the wealth. Black, Christine // CA Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p43
Deals with the process of transferring life insurance in Canada between different generations. Disposition for income tax purposes included in the transfer of life insurance policy; Conditions where automatic tax-free rollover applies; Limitations of the use of life insurance intergenerational...
- New Life For Life/LTC Combos. Lakenbach, Cary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/19/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses the economic impact of the new Pension Protection Act of 2006 on life and long term care (LTC) insurance product combinations in the U.S. The act greatly enhance the appeal of combination products by favorably treating designed combinations for the first time from an income...
- The New Fiscal Imperialism. Dwyer, Terry // Policy;Summer2002/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the imposition of income taxes in the OECD countries. Payment for the high spending on age pensions and welfare recipients; Identification of cases on tax evasion; Facilitation of criminal activities.
- Income Tax--False Claims to Personal Allowances. // Accountancy;Jul1967, Vol. 78 Issue 887, p459
Focuses on false claims to personal allowances in income tax in Great Britain. Prosecution in relation to the false claims.
- Saddle up more bounty hunters. Keenan, Ted // Finance Week;2/15/2002, p24
Focuses on the issues concerning the policy for individual tax in South Africa. Growth in the total number of taxapayers in the country; Implications for an effective taxation system; Problems in targeting non-taxpayers.