Tasking the Task Force: When Is a CFPÂ® Certificant a Fiduciary?
- Fiduciary Standards: The Proof Is in the Process. McMurdie-Kahler, Janelle // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep/Oct2011 Practice Management Sol, p22
The article reports on the importance of creating an efficient fiduciary process to ensure compliance and documentation and streamline financial planning operations in the U.S. It states that an effective practice-centered fiduciary process will require more effort but will pay huge dividends in...
- Celebrate Your Legacy. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on the 40th anniversary celebration of the practice of financial planning in the U.S. and the 30th anniversary of the "Journal of Financial Planning." It is stated that the editorial board and the colleagues of the journal plans to create a new financial publishing entity. It...
- Gimme an "F"... Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p27
Talks about the fiduciary responsibility of financial planners for their clients. Definition of fiduciary in "Black's Law Dictionary"; Information on H.R. 1000, also known as the Boehner bill which passed the House in May 2003; Impact of the bill on the financial planning community in the U.S.
- The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the article featured in "U.S. News & World Report" about financial planning. Popularity of the career in financial planning; Demand for financial planners in the banking, brokerage and mutual fund fields; Failure of the magazine to mention designations or licenses.
- Internet Highway Report... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
This section presents a list of web sites relevant to financial planners and financial planning in the U.S.
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
The article presents news briefs related to the financial planning industry in the U.S. as of January 2006. Spectrem Group reported that a large proportion of investors in the country are interested in investing in mutual funds. The energy generating sector of the nation is performing well since...
- How the Other Half Plans. Kitces, Michael E. // Financial Planning;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p64
Discusses the need for analytical experts by financial planning firms in the U.S. in 2004. Duties of an analytical expert; Sources where analytical experts can be found; Ways financial planners can find an appropriate place for their technical skills. INSET: Becoming a Back-Office Expert.
- CE Quiz March 2005. // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p125
Presents a quiz to financial advisers concerning financial planning issues in the U.S. Information on the distribution rule which apply to beneficiaries if the owner of the individual retirement account dies before the required beginning date; Rate of maximum tax for gold exchange-traded funds...
- Trading Places. McGee, Suzanne // Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p59
The article discusses the move of planners, investment advisors, and other wealth managers to change firms in the U.S. It is noted that for many advisors, switching firms or launching their own shop can be dangerous, since clients can feel neglected or taken for granted. In addition, if the...