- Muni Funds Stagnate in March, Gaining Only $18 Million. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p6
Municipal bond mutual fund net inflows in the U.S. were reduced to 18 million dollars in March 2003, coming to a near stop despite witnessing an increase in February, according to Investment Company Institute. The funds accounted for a net inflow of 1.73 billion dollars in February. The funds'...
- How to earn a safe 10% on your money. Wang, Penelope // Money;Dec1994, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p90
Presents 11 investments in stocks and mutual that can yield ten percent or more over the next twelve months. Keycorp; Citizens Utilities B; Duke Realty; Cable & Wireless; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Barnett Bank; CGM Realty; Fidelity Convertible; Lindner Utility; MAS Value; Janus Worldwide.
- A Stock--Picking Renaissance. McReynolds, Rebecca // On Wall Street;Dec2002, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p46
Presents the views of several financial consultants regarding investment in stocks. Strategies of advisor Richard Johnson; Advice of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray's Gregg Mekler on asset management; Discussion on mutual funds.
- Tough lessons for investors. // Finance Week;05/12/2000, p48
Focuses on the merit of investing in a single investment house where the cost of switching is low. Case of Standard Bank's mutual fund in South Africa; Risks involved in investing in South Africa-based equity funds.
- ASK PAUL. // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2009, Issue 110, p40
The article presents answers to a married man who is planning to invest in shares or managed funds.
- Decisions Decisions. McKinney, Jeffrey // Black Enterprise;Nov2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p130
Discusses several factors that should be considered in choosing to invest between stocks or mutual funds. Biggest risk of investing; Strongest reasons investors should consider purchasing individual shares; Overview on the art of portfolio building.
- When to unload a stock or fund. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;04/24/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p50
Gives advice on how investors can approximate the time for unloading stocks or mutual funds. Mistake of using a drop in stock price as an absolute sell signal; Research on the reason for the decline of the stocks; Evaluation of the financial statements.
- Burkenroad performance impressive to fund analysts. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p5
Reports on the performance of the Hancock Horizon Burkenroad Fund in the U.S. Factors contributing to the increased value of mutual fund; Stocks in the mutual fund; Growth in the number of shares of outstanding stocks.
- Bad management not limited to mutual funds. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);12/11/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, pA24
Discusses the management of investments in mutual funds and individual stocks in the U.S. Run-ins of fund and stock advisers with government regulators; Complacency and lack of oversight in mutual fund management; Effects of mutual fund scandals; Leadership of small-cap stocks.
- Stocks vs. Mutual Funds. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p78
Suggests ways for managing stocks and mutual funds. Tips for investing in stocks and mutual funds; Comparison between the two.