- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p31
Reports on updates in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Just do the sock drawer. // Home Accents Today;Aug2010, Issue 8, p6
In the article, the author discusses the developments in the home accent retailing industry. She cites the Accessories Resource Team retailer roundtable that she attended during the markets in Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia. She presents a suggestion on how to convince the consumers to...
- Secret weapon. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;Spring2007 Supplement, Vol. 31, p46
The article spotlights HW Homes, a retailer of furniture and home furnishings based Boulder, Colorado owned and co-founded by Ron Werner and Jim Hering. Werner comments that the success of the company relies on the experience they offer their customers while shopping. Both he and Hering travel...
- How the Top 100 report is compiled. // Furniture/Today;5/26/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p24
The article presents information on the Top 100 listing of furniture stores by "Furniture/Today" periodical in the U.S. The Top 100 listing ranks furniture stores by sales of furniture, bedding and decorative accessories that include fabric and furniture protection and warranties. According to...
- The extra factor. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p34
Reports on a survey of furniture retail stores in Great Britain which shows that many retailers can see the sense of adding home furnishings to their offer. Customers' reluctance to spend money on furniture; Popularity of bed linen, decorative pieces, lighting, curtains, rugs and blinds;...
- Dec. factory orders up 10%. // Furniture/Today;3/1/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p4
Reports that a strong December added to a second-half turnaround for U.S. residential furniture factories in 2003, according to a report by BDO Seidman. Increase in orders by ten percent; Factory orders, shipments in December.
- Home office, entertainment feeding the urge to merge. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;11/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the trend towards merger of home office and entertainment in the U.S. furniture market. This is evidenced by the latest products featured at the October 2005 market in High Point, North Carolina. An example at the market was Jesper 1000, a traditionally-styled line of...
- DreamHome opens in Chicago. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p96
Reports that DreamHome, the Design House has opened at the Merchandise Mart Design Center in the U.S. Features of the nine-room DreamHome; Objective of the Merchandise Mart Design Center's showrooms; List of the designers who work for the DreamHome.
- The Philosopher King. Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;10/27/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 17, p60
Presents a profile of furniture retailer Murray Moss. Moss's Manhattan housewares store; Moss's belief that design is everywhere and everything; Comments by Moss about how a single object can change your life.