What the experts think
- A watching brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p13
Interviews several furniture designers regarding how furniture for television and stereos is changing to adapt to a more sophisticated class of electronics in Great Britain. Views of furniture designer, David Fox, on the classification of home entertainment furniture as a collection that...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/27/2009, Issue 5630, p5
The article reports updates related to the industries in Great Britain. Marks & Spencer Group PLC has opened a new branch store called Home and Food store based in Cardiff, Wales on March 19, 2009. Furniture designer Anselm Fraser, founder of The Chippendale International School of Furniture,...
- M&S faces court threat over TV bed. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2007, Issue 5565, p3
The article reports that Marks & Spencer has faced court threat over Monroe TV bed design for possible infringement. The author discusses the action taken by Mayflower that holds the patent on TV bed design, to pursue cases regarding the patent. Information about the effect of manufacturing the...
- How green is my valley? // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2008, Issue 5592, p6
The article reports that blue chip company Marks & Spencer Group PLC is working with furniture suppliers to develop the first model ecofactory in Great Britain. Marks & Spencer is collaborating with Westbridge Furniture Designs Ltd. to develop a sustainable factory as part of its global plan to...
- Five stores are visited every month to check service. This month we look at: Peterborough. // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p22
The article features five furniture stores located in Peterborough, England including John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Multiyork, Element Design Solutions and Cargo Home Shop. John Lewis Partnership PLC has been considered the best store due to their best customer service where their salespersons...
- Marks & Spencer Ireland Launches New 'Business Incentive Programme'. // Checkout;Sep2013, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p80
The article offers brief information on the Marks & Spencer for Business Ireland service for corporate customers from Marks & Spencer PLC.
- Double figure gains in furniture sector. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/19/2001, Issue 5221, p6
Reports on the gains posted by the furniture industry in Great Britain. Gains by Marks & Spencer PLC on a buying spree by investment fund in the United States; Oversupply in shares prior to a trading update.
- Furniture defies M&S sales trend. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p5
Reports on an increase in furniture and furnishings sales at Marks & Spencer over the 1999 Christmas period.
- M&S turns up the volume. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p2
Reports on an increase in the sale of homewares by Marks and Spencer in the six months ended September 26, 2002.