A zest for life in M&S homewares
- What goes down, moves up. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p10
The article focuses on the success of furniture retailer Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. In 2005, the retailer reported a 4 percent increase in its sales. Its share price reached 500 points. Its strategy includes the stretching of their price points. However, the company admitted that it...
- M&S boosts furniture display after sales jump. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p1
Announces the opening of Marks & Spencer's furniture department at its store in Camberley, Surrey, England on December 12, 1999. Size of the department; Furniture sales in the first quarter of 1999; Types of furniture sold at Marks & Spencer.
- Retail choice: Marks & Spencer, Victoria. Collett, Nigel // Marketing (00253650);11/23/2005, p14
This article focuses on the retail store of Marks & Spencer Group PLC (M&S) at London, England's Victoria station. With M&S' success dependent on its ability to broaden its market, its new flagship store in London's Victoria station is to be applauded, as every effort has been made to obtain...
- I say Bo, you say Selecta. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;9/12/2003, Issue 5355, p3
Comments on the opening of the stores by Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. Aim of BoConcept to compete with the company; Business operations of BoConcept; Advertising campaign of BoConcept.
- Getting the basics right. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;6/4/2004, Issue 5391, p3
Comments on the management of the furniture retail operation of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. Failures in the retailing strategy of the company; Factors influencing the decline in furniture sales; Plans of the appointed CEO, Stuart Rose, for the company.
- Five stores are visited every month to check service. This month we look at: Peterborough. // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p22
The article features five furniture stores located in Peterborough, England including John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Multiyork, Element Design Solutions and Cargo Home Shop. John Lewis Partnership PLC has been considered the best store due to their best customer service where their salespersons...
- AN EYE FOR THE DETAIL. Wells, Liz // Motor Transport;4/22/2004, p18
Discusses the role of supply chain partner Christian Salvesen in the launch of the Lifestore furniture store concept of Marks & Spencer in Northeast England. Goal of the store concept, according to Salvesen managing director Brian Gaunt; Details of the fulfillment operation carried out by...
- Instyle takes Aberdeen shop unit. // Cabinet Maker;6/26/2009, Issue 5643, p8
The article reports on the business unit taken by Instyle, a Scottish furniture retailer in Aberdeen, Scotland. It says that Instyle has taken a 37,265 square ft, which is scheduled to operate in the autumn of 2009. Meanwhile, the new retail and leisure center will create 1000 jobs, and it will...
- Retail News: Briefs. // Marketing (00253650);8/23/2006, p10
The article presents news briefs related to the retail trade. It has been announced by Marks & Spencer Group PLC that model Bryan Ferry will be the face of its Autograph men's clothing range. The first Great Britain store in Essex, England has been opened by Danish furniture retailer ILVA. A...