- The foreign exchange and over-the-counter derivatives markets in the United Kingdom. Christodoutou, Grigoria // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;2007 4th Quarter, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p548
In April this year, the Bank of England conducted its usual three-yearly survey of turnover in the UK foreign exchange and over-the-counter currency and interest rate derivatives markets, which forms part of the latest worldwide survey co-ordinated by the Bank for International Settlements. The...
- United Kingdom : PRESSURE on BANK OF ENGLAND interest rates to increase. // TendersInfo News;7/30/2014, p1
The article reports on the pressure face by the Bank of England to increase interest rates in 2014 based on the figures released by the British Office for National Statistics, which reveals a slowdown in economic growth and sluggish wage inflation.
- Economic recovery could be a long haul. Styles, Gary // Mortgage Strategy;5/23/2011, p24
In this article, the author discusses the factors that contribute to the slow economic recovery in Great Britain. He cites the decline in consumer confidence and the stagnant economic output, and argues that interest rates will stay at their existing level until 2012. He also contends that...
- Borrowers latch on to long-term fixes. Haresnape, Charles // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);8/14/2013, p26
The article offers an analysis on the Bank of England's (BoE) decision to hold the base rate at half a percent which has seen savings rates plummet. It argues that with new Bank of England (BoE) Governor Mark Carney unveiling his own unconventional interest rates policy, it appears the British...
- Some reflections on the MPC. Wadhwani, Sushil B. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Autumn2001, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p351
Presents an overview on the monetary policy framework in Great Britain. Management of the Bank of England on the monetary policy operation; Transparency of the policy; Responsibility of the Monetary Policy Committee on interest rates decisions; Functions of the framework.
- Untitled. // Mortgage Strategy;5/14/2012, p022
The article discusses the state of the economy of Great Britain as of May 2012. It is noted that there was evidence of economic growth based on the minutes of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting in April. Such a view was supported by the Bank of England's regional agents report. The...
- Is Britain's upturn faltering? Kern, David // Accountancy;Dec2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1336, p62
Focuses on the growth performance of Great Britain in 2004. Decline in gross domestic product in the third quarter of 2004; Factors that affected the growth performance of Great Britain; Increase in interest rates by the Bank of England; Problems facing businesses in the country.
- Shadow MPC. Boulger, Ray; Charcol, John // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);3/4/2013, p28
The article highlights key issues to be considered at the March 2013 meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Bank of England (BoE). It discusses the increasing view on the MPC that the British economy needs additional stimulus but is unsure on how it should be delivered. The...
- Nothing to fear from another base rate rise. Cleary, Alan // Mortgage Strategy;11/6/2006, p40
The article presents the analysis of the author regarding the implications of the plan of Bank of England company to raise interest rates to 5 percent in November 2006 in Great Britain. He remarked that the mortgage market is in the solid state to absorb such increase after an excellent market...