Making the changes work
- MFI directors take their share of Â£1.9m. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p7
Reports that directors at the Great Britain-based furniture chain MFI has cashed in a certain amount of shares in the week prior to March 12, 2004. Percentage of the money which was used to pay tax and national insurance.
- MFI boosts spending to promote new look. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p3
Reports on the strategy of furniture firm MFI UK to increase its advertising spending in Great Britain. Progress of its store refurbishment program; Aim to promote the revised stores and product; Statement of John Hancock, company's chief executive on the completion of refits.
- What's in a name? // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Reports on the plan of changing the furniture brand name MFI in favor of the Schreiber or Hygena brands.
- Change the brand. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p1
Focuses on the financial troubles faced by furniture retailer MFI. Decline in the company's 1998 winter sale; Management plans of John Hancock, chief executive of the company; Need for the company to change its brand name.
- MFI sees sales drop a fifth. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p3
Reports on MFI's furniture sales in Europe, in winter 1998. Percentage of sales decline; Comparison with sales figures during the early part of the year; Prospects for growth.
- Refits slowed profits. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p3
Reports on the sales performance of furniture firm MFI UK in Great Britain for the December 2003. Decline in its profit; Factor contributing to decreased in sales; Business plans of the company.
- MFI strengthens finance function. // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2008, Issue 5597, p4
The article reports on the reorganization of MFI (UK) Ltd. to strengthen its under-resourced finance function. The furniture giant in Great Britain has retrenched 170 employees with the closure of its Sunderland call centre. In May, 2008, MFI made about a third of its head office and central...
- MFI to relaunch as online store. // DIY Week;11/18/2011, p4
The article reports on the plans of MFI to relaunch as an online-only retailer and offer bedroom and bathroom ranges including living and dining room furniture.
- Back to basics at Hancock's 'customer focused' MFI. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p7
Comments on furniture firm MFI and its chief executive John Hancock. Plan to be more `customer focused'; Open communication between distribution and manufacturing sides; Focus on vertical integration; Changes in management; Abolition of the MFI name.