MFI boosts spending to promote new look
- Back to basics at Hancock's 'customer focused' MFI. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p7
Comments on furniture firm MFI and its chief executive John Hancock. Plan to be more `customer focused'; Open communication between distribution and manufacturing sides; Focus on vertical integration; Changes in management; Abolition of the MFI name.
- Three years and I'm off, says MFI boss. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Focuses on the plans of MFI chief executive John Hancock to leave the chain in less than three years to return to the United States.
- Hancock's strategy ... // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Features the strategy employed by chief executive John Hancock for the three year recovery period of the company MFI.
- MFI searches for a 'fresh view' with John Hancock. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p5
Reports on the appointment of John Hancock as chief executive of MFI. Resignation of John Randall as chief executive following the board of directors' approval of a change in leadership; Career profile of John Hancock. INSET: CV: John Hancock.
- Making the changes work. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p3
Comments on the decision of furniture firm MFI UK Ltd. to increase its marketing budget in the U.S. Plan to deliver the return on its investment; Benefits of its store refurbishment program; Determination of product development.
- Margins doubled in three years. // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p3
Reports the business plans of John Hancock, chief executive of the furniture company MFI in Great Britain. Growth sales in consumers trading; Focus on the improvement of products and manufacturing; Introduction of business strategies in management and distribution.
- What's in a name? // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Reports on the plan of changing the furniture brand name MFI in favor of the Schreiber or Hygena brands.
- Change the brand. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p1
Focuses on the financial troubles faced by furniture retailer MFI. Decline in the company's 1998 winter sale; Management plans of John Hancock, chief executive of the company; Need for the company to change its brand name.
- MFI sees sales drop a fifth. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p3
Reports on MFI's furniture sales in Europe, in winter 1998. Percentage of sales decline; Comparison with sales figures during the early part of the year; Prospects for growth.