- Expanding Students' Potential Through Family Literacy. Nuckolls, Maryann E. // Educational Leadership;Sep91, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p45
This article discusses on the issues related to the development and implementation family literacy programs, based on the experiences of the Parents and Literacy program in Tucson, Arizona. Models of family literacy are as diverse as their participants. Some are home-based others are located in...
- Families Are Ready for Prime Time. Reta, Cathay O. // American Libraries;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p52
The article offers information on Prime Time Family Reading Time, a family literacy program developed by the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities. The program combines the dynamics of an adult discussion on societal issues with a children's story time. Participants are engaged into a lively...
- Choice and Possibility Matters in Family Literacy Programs. Wason-Ellam, Linda; Cronin, Mary // Canadian Children;Fall2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p4
This naturalistic inquiry explicates the responsiveness of family literacy programs to the strengths, needs, and goals of their participating families. The inquiry indicates that most of the programs explored were aware of the concept of responsive, family-centered programs; however, their...
- Research Digest. // Education Journal;Mar2010, Issue 122, p28
The article lists several papers from recently published academic journals that include "Fathers' Involvement in Young Children's Literacy Development: Implications for family literacy programmes," by A. Morga, C. Nuthbrown and P. Hannon, "What Will Characterise International Education in U.S....
- Why women chose to participate in a family literacy program and factors that contributed to the... Yaffe, Dianne; Williams, Cheri Lynn // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Sep98, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p8
Explores the reason why women chose to participate in a family literacy program called Even Start Family Literacy in the United States. Description of the data collection and analysis procedure used in the study; Background of the study; Primary reason given by six women in participating in the...
- Family literacy. de Avila, Marcia; Lednicky, Donna // Adult Learning;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p15
Discusses the Bryan School District Family Involvement in Education Program funded by the Texas Education Agency. Program design; Home visits and volunteerism; Family field trips involving experiential learning; Evaluation; Suggestions for replication.
- College readiness and family literacy resources in Spanish. // Principal Leadership;Oct2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on free educational resources for Latino families offered by the National Center for Family Literacy (NCFL) in the U.S.
- Family Literacy: It Takes a Village. Reeder, Pam; Sowers, Karen // Library Talk;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the importance of family literacy programs in the U.S. Impact of the family and social environment on the cognitive development and literacy acquisition of children; Goal of family literacy programs; Areas where the home and family can be influential in children's reading development.
- Family Literacy Nights...and Other Home-School Connections. Colombo, Michaela W. // Educational Leadership;May2004, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p48
Discusses the Family Literacy Night between teachers and culturally diverse parents at the Methuen Public Schools in Massachusetts. English as a Second Language support for students provided by the district; Program developed by the Methuen Public Schools in response to a request for proposals...