IN THE LOOP
- Does value equal price? // Information World Review;Mar2000, Issue 156, p19
Comments on the impact of the Internet and intranet technologies on information print publishers. Various ways in which the technologies are being approached; Opinion on giving away content free online and making up for it by charging for advertising; Details on the plan of Encyclopedia...
- Reference Books Bulletin: Encyclopedia Update. Quinn, Mary Ellen // Booklist;9/15/2001, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p244
Presents updates on encyclopedia publication as of September 2001. Plan of Britannica to deliver a premium subscription service; Conversion of several versions of CD-ROM; Plan of entrepreneur Paul Allen to create a 'Final Encyclopedia.'
- Micro, Macro and Pro: Britannica's New Trinity. Breslin, John B. // America;2/2/1974, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p80
The article highlights the current developments at the Chicago, Illinois-based learning and knowledge product provider Encyclopaedia Britannica Inc. in 1974. It says that folks at Britannica have provided the journal "America" with a major publishing event, a spanking new edition of the English...
- Taking 'dot.com' out of this encyclopedia. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
Reports on Encyclopedia Britannica Inc. owner Jacob Safra's plans to return the Chicago, Illinois-based encyclopedia publishing firm into profitability. Safra's revision of the company's Internet business, Britannica.com; Challenges facing company chief executive Ilan Yeshua.
- Reference books bulletin. Whiteley, Sandy // Booklist;9/15/94, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p176
Reviews the book `Compton's Encyclopedia & Fact-Index,' edited by Dale Good.
- Reference books bulletin: Encyclopedia update, 1994. Whiteley, Sandy // Booklist;9/15/94, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p160
Reviews the book `Compton's Encyclopedia,' edited by Dale Good.
- Reference books bulletin: Encyclopedia Update 1995. // Booklist;9/15/95, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p186
Reviews the Compton's Encyclopedia (26v).
- Britannica Looking to Raise Internet And Domestic Book Sales. // Book Publishing Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p5
The article reports that Encyclopaedia Britannica Inc. in Chicago, Illinois has continued to focus on improving its status in the reference book market while selling a small number of trade titles. The company's Web site sales has accounted for about 6 percent of the company's total sales. The...
- news from vendors. // Teacher Librarian;Feb2005, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p52
Presents news briefs related to educational products from several companies as of February 2005. Availability of a number of online educational photos and illustrations from Educational Pictures; Launch of Brighter Minds Children's Publishing by Brighter Child Interactive LLC; Release of a...