- Hasting Posts Second-Quarter Profit. Gruenwedel, Erik // Video Store Magazine;8/31/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p4
Reports the increase in the corporate profits of video retailer Hastings Entertainment for the second quarter ended July 31, 2003. Increase in sales of video games and DVD; Other factors that contributed to the increase.
- Hastings Stays a Step Ahead. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/28/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p24
The article presents information on Hasting Entertainment, a chain of entertainment stores based in Amarillo, Texas. Hastings has 153 stores and 6,080 employees. Products sold by the company include digital video discs (DVDs) and video games. The company was affected by Hurricane Ike, lowering...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p6
Assesses the financial performance of Golden Books and Hastings Entertainment as of September 2000. Comparison of company revenues between the third quarter of 1999 and 2000; Efforts of Golden Books to improve financial performance; Factors attributing to the business losses of Hastings...
- Diversity Fuels Hastings' Profit. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/25/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of Hastings Entertainment Inc. For the first quarter ending April 30, 2008, the Amarillo, Texas-based chain posted income of $3 million. Net income of the company went up with its retail stores offering various products including video games,...
- Hastings Posts a Profit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 36, p20
Reports the increase in the revenues of multimedia retailer Hastings Entertainment. Percentage of the increase; Expansion plans of the company; Amount of net income generated.
- Book Sales Weak at Hastings. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;5/26/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the sales posted by Hastings Entertainment for the first quarter of 2003 ended April 30. Amount of net loss which was attributed to an accounting change; Increase in videogame sales.
- Book Sales Up at Hastings. // Publishers Weekly;12/6/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 49, p7
Reports on the profits posted by Hastings Entertainment for the third quarter ended October 31, 2004. Total revenue at the retailer; Performance of the video game category; Rental income.
- John Marmaduke. // Chain Store Age;Dec98, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p104
Profiles Hastings Entertainment chairman and chief executive officer John Marmaduke, who was chosen as one of `Chain Store Age' magazine's 1998 Retail Entrepreneurs of the Year. Development of a chain of entertainment superstores; Addition of videotape sales and rentals and complementary...
- Hastings hits growth spurt, plans 50 units by end of '99. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;11/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p4
Looks into the expansion plans of Hastings Entertainment superstore chain. Addition of 50 stores by the end of the year 1999; Product offerings; Funding for the stepped-up expansion.