- State-of-the-Art Compositing. Smolarek, Ryan // Computer Graphics World;Oct2007, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p10
The article offers facts about digital compositing. Compositing requires not only the inherent ability to discern what looks real but also the ability to take the knowledge and translate it to the actual manipulation of the image to achieve such reality. The main purpose of the compositor is to...
- Autodesk Launches New Tools. // Computer Graphics World;Jun2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
The article announces the 2009 releases of Inferno, Flame, and Flint software for visual effects systems, from Autodesk.
- The Special Effects Seminar Story. lies, Tony // Image Technology;Sep2000, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on the movie and television special effects seminars of the British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society. The seminar which was stared in 1982 is being held every year. The author suggests that special effects professionals should use journals to produce definitive...
- Shake 3.5. Lindsay, Alex // DV: Digital Video;Sep2004, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p52
Evaluates the Shake 3.5 Effects Compositing Software developed by Apple Computer Inc. Scalability; User interface; System requirements; Pricing.
- Both Sides Of The Atlantic. Macdonald, Andy // SHOOT;2/8/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p4
Compares the digital visual effects of the U.S. and Great Britain. Description of the British post-production model; Development of software and techniques for effects in the U.S.; Emergence of digital visual effects boutiques for production in Great Britain.
- Blood On A Budget. Dodds, CIym // Image Technology;Sep1999, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p33
The article provides some insights into low budget special effects for film and television. Special effects for "Thy Will Be Done," was done by taking advantage of the post production process to break down the effect into a series of manageable smaller effects. For gun effects, an airbrushed cap...
- Visual Effects for Film & Television - Mitch Mitchell. Iles, Tony // Image Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p34
The article reviews the book "Visual Effects for Film & Television," by Mitch Mitchell.
- Video-effects software. Heid, Jim // Macworld;Mar98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p50
Reviews three video-effects software packages. Boris FX 3.03; CineLook Broadcast 1.0; Eye Candy 3.0 for After Effects; Features; Capabilities; Contact points; Prices.
- Star Trek rises to new heights with Enterprise. Careless, James // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on the digital production of the television program 'Enterprise.' Enhancement of visual effects; Basis on the design of the Enterprise ship; Usage of CGI computer software.