- Grades 5 & up: Nonfiction. Sutter, Herman // School Library Journal;Jun98, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p162
Reviews the book `Special Effects in Film and Television,' by Jake Hamilton.
- The Special Effects Seminar Story. lies, Tony // Image Technology;Sep2000, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on the movie and television special effects seminars of the British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society. The seminar which was stared in 1982 is being held every year. The author suggests that special effects professionals should use journals to produce definitive...
- Reel Life. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/20/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 2, pS-14
Lists the film, television, commercial and music video credits of special-effects master, Stan Winston. Films including 'Jurassic Park,' 'Pearl Harbor,' and 'Mouse Hunt'; Television shows including 'The Star Wars Holiday Special' and 'Pinocchio'; Music videos including Michael Jackson's...
- Teletrack. Storey, Richard // BKSTS Journal;Apr1980, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p146
The article reports on teletrack, a digital device that can store television signal without degradation. It is a tool used by television engineers to make special effects. How it works, the problems encountered by its use in production and its advantages as a special effect are some of the...
- Any Which Way You Scan. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;1/26/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the trend toward more sophisticated visual effects with heightened realism in television advertising through the usage of three-dimensional (3D) scanning. This work has made scanning an option for all purposes--from the construction of detailed models of talent and full...
- Sony chases Avid army. Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;Sep2001, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the effort of Sony to introduce special effects editor software Socratto in response to the criticism against Avid's XPRI system. Comparison between the two software; Remarks from Nick Smith, business managers of Sony BPE Editing.
- A Tremor at Skaramoosh. Hawkes, Rebecca // TVB Europe;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p48
Reports on the use of Tremor, a compositing system, by design and special effects production company Skaramoosh based in London, England. Information on Skaramoosh; Features of the system; Marketing options for the system.
- Taking the plunge. Moltenbrey, Karen // Computer Graphics World;Jan99, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p54
Features the digital effects created in the television series `Star Trek: Voyager' by Digital Muse using NewTek's LightWave 3D software. Creation of watery effects and deep-sea cities; Volumetric fluid and smoke-like effects; Software features and capabilities.
- SPECIAL EFFECTS. // Entertainment Design;Sep2004 Supplement, Vol. 38, p95
Lists special effects suppliers and manufacturers included in the 2004 edition of "Entertainment Design/Lighting Dimensions Buyers Guide".