fields & frames
- Christmas Quiz. // Cinema Technology;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
A quiz on obsolete items in film related images is presented.
- The Christmas Prize Quiz. // Cinema Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p91
A quiz concerning the cinema industry and its equipment is presented.
- The shape of films to come. Sarris, Andrew // Design Quarterly;Spring93, Issue 159, p2
Discusses effects of technological innovation on the motion pictures industry. Incongruence of artistic advancement and technological development; Analysis of the history of screen shapes and sizes; Support for bigger and wider screens in theaters; Cinema's struggle with television in the 1950s;...
- BKSTS 85 Exhibitors. // BKSTS Journal;Jun1985, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p281
The article offers information on the British Kinematography, Sound and Television Society exhibition at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London, England. Seventy international exhibitors of motion picture equipment and supplies are expected to participate in the exhibition which will include...
- FX ARMS RACE. Kaufman, Debra // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/23/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 9, pS-10
Features several visual-effects hardware and software for the motion picture industry. Panavision's Panascan; Disney's Dio-Cam; Motion Capture with Vicon and Motion Analysis; REALVIZ's Image Processing Factory (IPF) applications.
- Drones. Coplan, Dan // Camera Operator;Fall2015, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p53
The article discusses the use of drones for aerial photography and filming, the DJI F450 quadcopter kit, and the growth of the multi-rotor industry.
- News from the International Cinema Technology Association. // Cinema Technology;Dec2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p19
The article presents the author's insights on the 2013 events of the International Cinema Technology Association (ICTA) and on the upcoming event in 2013. The author says that the European branch of ICTA was put in charge of hosting the European Seminar Series in Barcelona, Spain. He states that...
- CINE EUROPE 2016. // Cinema Technology;Jun2016, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p35
The article offers information on CineEurope 2016, a cinema technology exhibition, that will be held in Barcelona, Spain, in June 2016.
- EQUIPMENT. // British Kinematography;Sep1955, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p89
The article provides information on several for sale equipment, supplies, and devices for the motion picture industry in Great Britain. It includes a 16mm camera and rostrum, and a 35mm by 35mm projector and ancillary equipment for film making. In addition to equipments being offered, premises...