- EDITOR'S LETTER. Turk, Rachel // Inside Film;Aug2008, Issue 112, p3
The article discusses reports published within the issue about the developments and challenges being faced by the digital cinema sector.
- 2016 VENDOR DIRECTORY. // Boxoffice;Sep2016, Vol. 152 Issue 9, p89
No abstract available.
- Materialism and interactive documentary: sketch notes. Miles, Adrian // Studies in Documentary Film;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p205
This essay undertakes a materialist media analysis of the Korsakow interactive documentary software system. Through this it examines the ways in which programmatic functions address media in particular ways, and how these inform the specific types of interactive documentaries that are then able...
- Side by Side. Kenneally, Christopher // movieScope Magazine;Nov/Dec2012, Issue 31, p22
An interview with documentary film director Christopher Kenneally is presented. What inspires him to make the documentary film "Side by Side" is the opportunity to witness the first-hand change on the technology of filmmaking. He says that the film has triggered a debate with the digital age of...
- BSkyB's film sub service gets look, feel makeover. Bennett, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/21/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 39, p12
British Sky Broadcasting PLC announced on October 20, 2003, the rebranding of its digital film subscription service with nine numbered channels named Sky Movies. The service will feature current hits and classics, and two channels named Sky Cinema, featuring international films and...
- Digital dawn: a revolution in movie distribution? Silver, Jon; Alpert, Frank // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p57
Examines the use of digital technology in motion picture distribution. Controlling the value chain through vertical integration; Independent films in an industry landscape; Roots of the change from acetate film to digital revolution; Digital distribution capabilities; Model for cooperative...
- Digital cinema sneak peek: cost, standards, biz plans. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/5/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the issues of the implementation of digital cinema in Japan. Questions regarding the standards of digital cinema; Subsidization of the costs of the digital projectors for cinema-operators by the Japanese government; Explanation of the need for global standardization before the...
- EXHIBS' NEW TECH-ING ORDER. Hayes, Dade; Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 4, p9
Reveals the key hurdles to the progress of digital cinema, according to those who attended the 2000 ShoWest conference and exhibition. Eastman Kodak's alliance with Qualcomm; What film distributors counter if movie theaters become digital entertainment complexes; Threat of digital film piracy.
- Wuxi preps bow as China's digital digs. // Daily Variety;7/5/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the preparation of Wuxi Studio, which specializes in digital movies, for its opening in China in October 2012.