CRITICS' CHOICE 10 BEST FEST
- Can crix fix niche pix? Evans, Greg; Young, Paul F. // Variety;5/22/95, Vol. 359 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the comeback of film critics in the United States. Release of niche films; Growth of good reviews; Dependence of the success of small pictures on film critics.
- The best reviews you'll see--and you can quote use. // Variety;8/26/96, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on film critics in the United States. Survey of opinions of critics included in the `Variety' magazine's Crix Picks column.
- Lido crix week heavy on Euro fare. Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;7/24/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 15, p10
The article offers information on the forthcoming Venice Film Festival's Critics' Week to be held in Venice, Italy on August 2-12, 2009. It mentions the 10 world movie premiers, from different countries, depicting the Eurocentric message including South Korea, Sweden and Ontario. There will be a...
- Critical Mass. // Entertainment Weekly;10/23/98, Issue 455, p47
Presents how critics and movie audiences from across the United States graded ten motion pictures released in October 1998.
- The crush of kudos. Bart, Peter // Variety;12/13/99, Vol. 377 Issue 5, p4
Comments on the practice of film criticisms in the United States. Attitudes of film critics; Reason for the rush in film criticisms in the US.
- Critical Mess. Bart, Peter // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jun2000, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p128
Discusses trends in motion picture reviewing in the United States. Tendency of critics to give rave reviews for mediocre motion pictures; Collaboration between production studios and critics; National exposure gained by critics when their names are included in advertisements for a certain...
- Everyone's a Critic. Saltzman, Joe // USA Today Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 130 Issue 2682, p59
Comments on how media critics criticizes a film in the U.S. Concern of the media critics; Factors that need to be emphasized to show the expertise in film reviewing; Criteria for being a film reviewer.
- N.Y. Film Critics Circle taps 5 members. Shirkani, K.D. // Daily Variety;10/13/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the New York Film Critics Circle's selection of five new members. Elvis Mitchell and A.O. Scott from the 'New York Times'; Jonathan Foreman from the 'New York Post; Denis Lim from the 'Village Voice'; Gene Seymor from 'Newsday.'
- Order a Pulitzer! This great column rocks! // Daily Variety;03/16/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p16
Presents excerpts from critics' evaluation of movies in the United States as of March 16, 2000. Includes names of film critics; Titles of movies.