People in the News
- HARPERCOLLINS SAYS POLICY IS "A WORK IN PROGRESS". Kelley, Michael // Library Journal;5/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p12
The article presents commentary from Josh Marwell of publisher HarperCollins' on his firm's policy of limiting to 25 the number of times a library can loan out a HarperCollins title in electronic-book format.
- Marwell Tries to Raise Holiday Spirits. // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 48, p6
The article presents the poem "A Holiday Poem, 2008," by Josh Marwell. First Line: 'Twas a month before Christmas, and all; Last Line: Goodnight Moon!
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;1/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p3
This article presents information on various executives in the publishing business and trade. Lauren Monaco was named vice president, director of sales, national accounts at Simon & Schuster's sales and distribution division, where she will report to Larry Norton, president of the division....
- Katie Dunneback talks to HarperCollins's Josh Marwell. // Library Journal;10/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p25
An interview is presented with Josh Marwell, an executive at publishing house HarperCollins. Topics discussed include how so-called genre books like romance and mystery are HarperCollins' best-selling electronic titles, the cap on the number of times HarperCollins titles can circulate through...
- Marwell, Colquitt Join HC Sales. // Publishers Weekly;11/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 46, p12
Focuses on Josh Marwell, Geoff Colquitt, and Lisa Herling and their appointments at HarperCollins. Their past experience; Responsibilities at the publisher.
- Marwell to Head HC Sales; Lennertz Promoted. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p9
Announces that HarperCollins Publishers Inc. has reorganized the management structure of its sales operations and named Josh Marwell to head the newly unified division. Information on the responsibilities of Marwell; Significance of the restructuring, according to Glenn D'Agnes of...
- Predicting sales manager control: A comparison of control... DelVecchio, Susan K. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p100
Reports on a study which compares the approaches of control system and leadership by sales managers. Challenges faced by industrial sales managers; exploration of three company-level variables that relate to the control system; Methodology used.
- Short orders. Brady, Jim // Crain's Detroit Business;01/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, pE-6
Presents insight on mistakes marketers make and suggestions on how to rectify them.
- Rising above commodity positioning. Karr, Ronald E. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/27/96, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p7
Examines the methods used by sales executives in the United States to sell their products. Importance of how sales executives position themselves; Discussion on the titles used by insurance sales executives; How using sales pitches focusing on products and services limit the sales executive;...