- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p61
The article presents information on performance of stocks of brokerage firms and banks. Information has been presented in tabular form. Some of the brokerage firms included in the list are Friedman Billings Ramsey, Stifel Financial Corp., Lehman Brothers, First Albany, and Sanders Morris Harris...
- Shares of Friedman Billings soar 22%, outpacing market. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;11/9/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 215, p40
Reports on the increase in share prices for Friedman Billings Ramsey & Co.' stocks. Merger speculation as a factor to the share increase; Prospective buyers for Friedman Billings; Trading pattern for Friedman Billing shares.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/6/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 47, p31
This article presents the ranking of brokerage stocks, ranked according to their performance. The first firm in the ranking is Southwest Securities Group Inc. whose ticker symbol is SWS, % change is 7.972, year-to-date change is 23.258, 52 week low is 12.92 and 52 week high is 21.31. Friedman...
- Events Raise Questions About FBR's Outlook. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/2/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the departure of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey Group Inc. co-founder Emanuel Friedman from the company in Arlington, Virginia. First quarter earnings expected from the company; Dismissal of analyst Susan Kalla from the firm for not disclosing stock trades in her own account; Claim of...
- GOLDEN STATE GETS BUY RATING FROM FBR. // National Mortgage News;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p94
Reports that Friedman Billings Ramsey & Co. Inc. reiterated its Buy ratings on the shares of Golden State Bancorp and its 12-month price target of $25 per share. Increase in the prices of the Golden State shares; Financial status of the company; Risks associated with Golden State investment.
- Analyst Reiterates Buy Rating on GreenPoint Financial. Avidon, Eric // National Mortgage News;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p95
Reports that Friedman Billings Ramsey & Co. reiterated its Buy rating on the shares of GreenPoint Financial Corp. Corporate background on GreenPoint; Share prices of GreenPoint; Total loan production during the third quarter of 2000.
- Friedman Billings to Buy, Become an REIT. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;11/18/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 221, p24
Reports on Friedman Billings Ramsey Group Inc.'s plans of acquisition of the real estate investment trust, FBR Asset Investment Corp., established by the company in an all-stock transaction. Plans of conversion of shares of the companies; Provision for termination of the agreement; Expected...
- Sale of HomeBanc Is Called Unlikely. // National Mortgage News;3/5/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p10
The article reports that Friedman Billings Ramsey Group Inc. (FBR) has assigned an underperform rating to the stock of HomeBanc Corp. in Alexandria, Virginia. The basis of the assigned rating is HomeBanc's continuing business losses. The company has reported a fourth-quarter 2006 loss of $0.19...
- R&G Financial's ratings upgraded to 'Buy.'. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;11/9/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p10
Reports on Friedman Billings Ramsey & Co. Inc.'s upgrade of investment opinion on R&G Financial Corp. (RGFC). Earnings per share of RGFC in the third quarter of 2000; Gains on sale of loans.