INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY
- HARD ROAD TO A FLOAT. Dent, Georgina // BRW;4/19/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p38
The article discusses factors that business owners should keep in mind if they are considering floating their company or making it public. Common misconceptions about initial public offerings (IPO) are addressed, such as the belief of getting rich quickly by cashing in shares. The importance of...
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Stepping up to the selling block. SOLOMON, DAVID J. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Oct2008, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p48
The article discusses the things to consider before selling a private equity investment or a public offering. According to the article, the two motivations are a desire to sell all or part of one's ownership for liquidity and wealth planning and to bring new equity capital into the business such...
- FINANCINGS ROUNDUP. // BioWorld Today;4/9/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 68, p8
The article presents news briefs on financial issues in the biotechnology industry. A registration statement for a proposed public offering in common stock has been filed by A.P. Pharma Inc. A direct offering of 14.1 million shares of common stock has been completed by Discovery Laboratories...
- Filling the finance gap. Rockwell, Steve // Nation's Restaurant News;3/10/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on the size at which a restaurant company can go public. Topics discussed include the author's thesis that the smaller companies need both the financial and intellectual capital to grow, while the larger ones need a growth vehicle, and private equity's interest in smaller...
- COMMENT: PUBLIC OFFERINGS AND PRIVATE SALES OF SECURITIES. Singh, Ajai // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p501
Examines the relationship between public offerings and private sales of securities. Conversion of securities into a common stock; Implication of the sale of undervalued stocks for the market value of stockholders; Reduction of the agency costs.
- High Hopes. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including China's emerging market, private equity, and initial public offerings (IPO).
- Bankers Think PE Will Fuel IPOs, Survey Finds. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by BDO Seidman LLP which reveals that investment bank executives are anticipating an increase of initial public offerings (IPOs) from private-equity owned companies in the U.S.
- Any Lock That Ain't Locked. // NACD Directorship;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p80
The author offers his opinion on private equity stocks and Initial public offering of a company.
- Private to Public. Lewis, Janet // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/13/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p26
The article points out that there are good reasons for investing in listed private equity firms, despite the possibility of significant disadvantages. It also appears that this is the best time to experiment with the concept while both the climate for private equity and the state of the initial...