A Yummy Wave of Upgrades
- Legacy adds some life to the market. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;3/22/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p1
Legacy Benefits Corp. recently closed what may be the first true senior settlements securitization. It was a privately placed transaction by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. According to Moody's Investors Service Inc. analyst Rochelle Tarlowe, this is the first of many stabs at a senior settlement...
- HIT Entertainment Seeks To Amend Credit Covenants. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p3
The article discusses the HIT Entertainment credit facility arranged by Deutsche Bank and Merrill Lynch. HIT entertainment is located in London whose annual revenues are approximately $260 million. HIT asked for an amendment in its $627 million credit facility to adjust its lower EBITDA growth...
- Merrill Lynch Calls Citigroup a "Favorite". // National Mortgage News;7/9/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 40
Reports the reiteration of buy rating of Citigroup by Merrill Lynch in New York.
- Analyst Cautions on Wachovia Deal. // National Mortgage News;10/23/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the downgrade rating given to the stock of Wachovia Corp. from buy to neutral by Merrill Lynch in the U.S. According to Merrill Lynch analyst E. Najarian , the Wall Street firm has reassessed its view since the acquisition announcement in 2005 regarding Golden West...
- Sham research. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/19/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p50A
Focuses on the investigation made by attorney general Eliot Spitzer on the research and rating system of the Internet group of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in New York. Contribution of Spitzer toward more efficient markets; Responsibility to patrol for fraudulent practices by securities promoters;...
- Turkey's Denizbank plans $200 min DPR in busy market. Ossa, Felipe // Asset Securitization Report;6/13/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the diversified payment rights transaction scheduled by Denizbank via sole lead Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in Turkey. Credit rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the deal; Representation of Denizbank's main clearing banks in the twelve designated correspondent banks in the...
- Merrill lands $494M for AEP as Investa launches new deal. O'Connor, Colleen M. // Private Placement Letter;5/31/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the private placement for American Electric Power Co. Deal between AEP and Merrill Lynch; Rate for the issues by the Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's; Terms of the deal.
- Banking's Credit Problems Are Seen as Manageable. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;5/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 85, p20
Discusses reports issued by Merrill Lynch & Co. and Moody's Investors Service concerning the profits and credit quality of banks in the United States in 2001. Projected rise in the value of stocks of regional banking companies with a differentiated business mix; Impact of the economic slowdown...
- AWG will be broken up regardless, says bank. // Utility Week;2/28/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p9
Reports that AWG is set to be broken up no matter who buys its, according to investment bank Merrill Lynch. Assessment of the value of the company; Reason behind the discounts to the sum-of-the-parts valuation of the company.