John Wiley & Sons Moves Forward with E-Text in Economics via New Deal with Aplia
- Compound identification. // LC-GC Europe;Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p335
The article offers brief information on the electronic book "Wiley Registry 9th Edition/NIST 2011 Mass Spectral Library" from John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- Wiley Tests e-Texts in Texas. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the test conducted by Wiley on its electronic textbooks in Texas. When classes start January 20, about 1,300 students for six different classes will be given Wiley e-textbooks. University of Texas in Austin has licensed the books to test how functional e-textbooks are for...
- Wiley Partners with netLibrary, Lightning Source. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p41
Reports that, as of December, 2000, John Wiley & Sons has signed agreements with netLibrary and Lightning Source. Distribution of Wiley's frontlist titles; How netLibrary will provide digital conversion and electronic distribution, while Lightning Source will provide digital distribution...
- Wiley, U. of Texas Pilot Digital Textbook Solution. // Educational Marketer;10/27/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the digital textbook pilot program created by John Wiley & Sons Inc. and the University of Texas featuring a software licensing model that is different than the traditional college textbook sales process. The e-text initiative will begin on the Austin campus in spring 2009...
- Indiana U. and Publishers Launch Licensing Program. // Educational Marketer;10/24/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the launch of a licensing program at Indiana University with five college publishers in the U.S. It states that Indiana University signed an agreement on the digital textbook licensing program for the spring 2012 semester with five participating publishers including John...
- Versaware to Deliver Digital Textbooks, Announces Survey Results. // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on electronic publishing services company Versaware Inc. Expansion of its relationship with John Wiley & Sons Inc. Higher Education Publishing, to deliver online electronic book versions of their most popular textbooks; Results of a survey by Versaware of college students on their...
- Editorial Note concerning BMCR 2014.07.40. // Bryn Mawr Classical Review;Aug2014, p1
The article offers the authors' insights on the book "The Virgil Encyclopedia" edited by Richard Thomas and Jan Ziolkowski. They state that the online edition reviewed by Professor Goldberg was omitted when they transferred the information to the readers. They also mention that the electronic...
- The list. Pollack, Kenan // U.S. News & World Report;9/12/94, Vol. 117 Issue 10, p94
Comments on new editions of Cliffs Notes study guides. `Beloved,' by Toni Morrison; `Farenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury; `I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings,' by Maya Angelou; `The Joy Luck Club,' by Amy Tan.
- Library connection development. Berry III, J.N. // Library Journal;9/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 14, p185
Discusses the publishing company John Wiley and Sons and how they have reorganized to push for more trade titles. Charles Ellis, new president and CEO; History of the company; Mission; Multilayered marketing; Doing business with librarians; More that can be done.