- HVACR Designer Tips. Mckew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p30
The article offers tips on commissioning and project closeout for main distribution frame (MDF) room packaged Heating & ventilation industry (HVAC) unit/system.
- Back 2 Basics. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the need to assess the hot water system of buildings. It mentions that the energy/infrastructure auditor will re-create the original Basis of Design (BofD) in the data collection process based on the automatic temperature control (ATC) sequence of operation which will then...
- COMMISSIONING And Baseball. // Engineered Systems;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the process used by professional baseball teams to win games which can be applied to the process of commissioning a new Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. According to the article, commissioning team needs to put considerable effort of reviewing...
- CALENDAR. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2005, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p14
The article presents a calendar of meetings, seminars, exhibitions and conferences in the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S. from January 1006 to April 2006. The 2006 American Boiler Manufacturers Association Annual Meeting will be held on January 13-17. The 2006 Sound and Sound...
- HVAC Designer Tips. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p34
The article presents a building commissioning and project closeout checklist of the heating and ventilation industry for boiler replacement. Checklists for specification review, leadership in energy and environmental design (LEED) certification compliance, drawing review, and building system...
- HVAC UNDERFLOOR APPLICATION COMMISSIONING and Project Closeout Checklist. // Engineered Systems;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p34
Discusses HVAC underfloor application commissioning and project closeout checklist in the U.S. Equipment type and designation; Specification and drawing review; Building system demonstration.
- Engineers', designers' clients win with test-balance services. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/4/93, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on testing and balance services that should be an integral part of every project for engineers, designers and mechanical contractors in the heating and ventilation industry. Specifications of standards to be met; Benefits of professional test-and-balance organizations; Design mistakes.
- Business-generating ideas. Buwalda, Ken // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p16
Provides suggestions on how to keep employees aware of safety procedures in the heating and ventilation industry. Use of safety boxes.
- Short-Cycling Can Hamper Boiler Efficiency. McKeegan, Jack // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/10/2003, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the implications of short-cycling for the boiler's efficiency. Industry's standard for calculating the energy effects of short-cycling; Overview on what short-cycling is; Reason why short-cycling hamper boiler's efficiency.