- Varying Views on Variable-Primary Flow. Bahnfleth, William P.; Peyer, Eric B. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 76 Issue 3, pS5
Discusses a survey of designers, chiller manufacturers and system owner/operators regarding variable-primary flow chilled-water systems. Use of secondary and primary pumping in chilled water systems; Effect of evaporator-flow variation on the energy consumption of chillers; Benefits and costs...
- VARIABLE-SPEED Drives. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p42
Presents a design checklist for a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Specification for the sequence of HVAC operations; Information on the functions of control devices; Energy consumption of the equipment.
- Excalibur brings down energy. // Meat Trades Journal;8/17/2012, p10
The article informs that Excalibur LPA Ltd., a chiller company, has joined hands with processing business to reduce energy consumption by 30 percent and increase refrigeration capacity to chill chicken.
- Energy management systems. Dunay, Ed; Story, George // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p16
Presents a question and answer on the Energy Management Systems (EMS) used to control energy costs for refrigeration systems. Skepticism over the savings produced by a popular control scheme; Operation of an unloaded compressor; Oil return.
- Cooling solutions times two. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;May2014 Supplement The Green Issue, p11
The article discusses two solutions including the R22 refrigeration phase out and free cooling that businesses can employ to become more energy efficient across the board to save money and make the most of the natural ambient temperatures around them.
- Refrigeration design for maximum efficiency. // Chain Store Age;May97, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p164
Focuses on designing energy-efficient and cost-saving refrigeration systems for supermarkets at the SPECS/97 workshop on `Refrigeration System Design Optimization.' Comments from Clive Samuels, president of Clive Samuels & Associates, Princeton, New Jersey. How the refrigeration cycle...
- Refrigeration Commissioning Guide Ensures System Performance. // Buildings;Mar2014, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the benefits of using the Refrigeration Commissioning Guide for Commercial and Industry Systems, for new refrigeration projects, expansions, remodelings, and renovations of existing refrigeration systems.
- A chilling change. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Oct96, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the retrofitting of a large medium temperature chiller at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, California, to replace a chlorofluorocarbon refrigerant. Use of the same oil prior to the change; Steps in the changeover.
- Sanyo R22 renewal rolls out. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Sep2010, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p32
The article describes the installation of the first Sanyo R22 Renewal variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system at Sopwell House Hotel in St. Albans, England.