- What Is the Cost of a Pleated Air Filter? Cieslak, Stephen // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/19/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 12, p10
The article provides several tips on how contractors can determine the most cost-effective pleated air filter based on clients' budget goals in the U.S. Key factors to consider in evaluating air filters include price, quality, performance and serviceability. These factors will enable contractors...
- Dual ducting: An innovation to increase the use of daylight in buildings. Mayhoub, M. S. // Lighting Research & Technology;Oct2015, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p712
Daylight guidance systems deliver daylight into remote parts of buildings. However, they still lack market penetration. The primary difficulty lies within the installation process. Daylight guidance systems use light ducts to distribute daylight, which occupy significant amounts of space. The...
- Moisture In Homes. Snyder, Dawn R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/3/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 1, p23
Answers a reader's question on minimizing the damage caused to air conditioning systems by a moisture problem at a home that tends to have an above-average humidity level. Taking steps to curtail winter time air circulation through the air conditioning ducts; Wrapping the inlet air filter in...
- Standard 52: Filtering Through The Facts. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/23/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 17, p12
Focuses on the standards and guidelines for air filter efficiency for the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S. Improvement of the outdated practices; Role of the Standard 52.2 in creating more effective guidelines for air filters; Types of test methods in the standard.
- CHAPTER 14: LABORATORIES. // ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Applications (9781931862226);2003, p14.1
Chapter 14 of the book "2003 ASHRAE HANDBOOK: Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning Applications" is presented. It addresses biological, chemical, animal, and physical laboratories and provides an overview of heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) characteristics and design...
- Modeling Filter Bypass: Impact on Filter Efficiency. Ward, Matthew; Siegel, Jeffrey // ASHRAE Transactions;2005, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p1091
Current models and test methods for determining filter efficiency ignore filter bypass, the air that circumvents filter media because of gaps around the filter or filter housing. In this paper, we develop a general model to estimate the size-resolved particle removal efficiency, including...
- HVAC. // Plant Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p90
Features several products for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Dust collector; Speed-controlled fans; Small heat exchangers; Air filters; Cool loading docks.
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/1/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 14, p6
Introduces several heat and ventilation products. Release of the bank filter manufactured by Advanced Filtration Systems; Specification of the Barrier Glider thermal air sealing from Rite-Hite Doors; Availability of an interactive electronic catalog from Baldor Electric Co.
- Whole-Home Air Cleaners are Changing. Frank, John E. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/21/2008, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p20
The article focuses on the changes to be done in the whole-home air cleaners market in the U.S. given the gap between whole-home air cleaner and the portable air cleaner. One of the changes is the need for manufacturers to provide consumers with a way to interact and control whole-home air...