CODES & STANDARDS
- Industry leaders form Homeland Security Industries Association. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the formation of the Homeland Security Industries Association in the U.S. Monitoring of homeland security legislation and regulations; Dissemination of information related to federal, state, local proposals related to homeland security procurement; Development of papers reflecting...
- news update. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on the move of the security and defense industry leaders to form the Homeland Security Industries Association in the U.S. Goals of the organization; Delivery of security products and services; Expansion of a pilot program for airport security.
- Homeland Security Group Forms. // Association Management;Dec2002, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the formation of the Homeland Security Industries Association, a 501(c)(3) association, in the U.S. in 2001. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent issues and related topics; Implications on association management.
- High-Level Security. // njbiz;11/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the New Jersey Business Force, a program developed by the Business Executives for National Security. Aim of the program; Other activities of the organization.
- In the Tanks. Kukis, Mark // National Journal;3/5/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p714
Profiles Clark Kent Ervin, director of the homeland-security initiative at the Aspen Institute in Colorado. Allegations made by Ervin against Susan Collins, chairman of the U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee; Background of Ervin's association with the U.S. administration; Plans for the...
- CREATING A BETTER-PREPARED AMERICA. // Trustee;Feb2002, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p3
Presents information on the coalition, the Partnership for Community Safety: Strengthening America's Readiness. Aim of the coalition; Information on other organizations associated with the coalition; Recommendations of the coalition after examining community preparedness prior to the September...
- NH Finally Lands a Jobs Corps. // Business NH Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on homeland security-related job training as the main focus of Job Corps Center in New Hampshire, a $30 million federally funded agency. According to the author, New Hampshire is the first state to focus on homeland security and has remained active in the field for years...
- LET'S START AN ASSOCIATION! Vaida, Bara // National Journal;9/20/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p2880
Focuses on the Homeland Security Industries Association (HSIA) established by Bruce Aitken and Bruce deGrazia in the U.S. in 2002. Profile of Aitken and deGrazia; Purpose of the association; Characteristics of HSIA member companies.
- ATA to beef up Highway Watch. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p18
Reports on a cooperative agreement between the American Trucking Associations and the U.S. Transportation Security Administration to expand the Highway Watch programs to further support homeland security efforts. Background on the Anti-Terrorism Action Plan of the trucking industry; Goal of the...