The Role of DDC in Commissioning
- DDC master planning. Santos, Jay // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the factors that should be considered when designing direct digital control (DDC) for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Those factors include the architecture of the system, the DDC hardware controllers to be used and the interfaces of DDC system....
- The expanding Role of DDC Systems in the HVAC Commissioning Process. Santos, J. Jay // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2004, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the role of direct-digital-control system (DDC) in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning commissioning process. Significance of DDC system to commissioning providers; Role of DDC in the process of commissioning; Advantages provided by DDC system; Improvements in the...
- Controls technology: Success not that complicated. Powell, Peter // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p20
Part III. Focuses on controls technology as a means of building business by refrigeration and ventilation contractors. Customer relations; Need for simple, cost-saving controls; Technicians as salespeople. INSET: What's the buzz about BACnet?..
- The month in HVAC: travel plans and instructive typos. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the trends in the heating and ventilation industry. Valuation of preventive maintenance; Development of building automation and controls; Emphasis on system integration.
- Reading, Writing, And BACnetÂ®. McGowan, Jack // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 46 Issue 10, pS35
The article reports that Alamogordo Public Schools in New Mexico has made a major financial commitment to install the largest renewable energy HVAC system in the Southwestern U.S. Although geothermal heat pumps have been used for more than two decades, this project is unusual due to the...
- An engineer's view on need for quality installations. Karpen, Daniel // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/15/99, Vol. 208 Issue 11, p53
Presents the view of a professional engineer on the need for quality heating, ventilation and airconditioning installations. Complaint of musty odor in the house; Use of duct liner which is difficult to clean; Report to the homeowner; Suggestions on what contractors need to do.
- Back 2 Basics. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on Owner's Project Requirements (OPR) and Basis of Design (BOFD), one on HVAC OPR, and one on HVAC basis of design.
- The Community of ASHRAE. Rooley, Richard H. // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p15
Provides information on the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). Objectives of the volunteer leaders in the ASHRAE; Importance of diversity in the association; Management and operations manuals written by members for chapters.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Watts, Wayne; Himber, Don // Engineered Systems;Nov2014, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
Letters to the editor and replies are presented in response to the article "Leaving a Legacy" by Howard McKew in the September 2014 issue, which discusses the great legacy in the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) engineering career.