Internet pharmacy: the tug-of-war intensifies
- Drug reimportation programs forge ahead. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;9/1/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the support of several U.S. states and municipalities for prescription drug re-importation programs for their citizens to save money, as of August 2004. Efforts of legislators to legalize re-importation programs; Views on the re-importation programs; Bills proposed by the U.S. House...
- Oregon board shuts Rx storefront. // Drug Topics;3/22/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the Oregon pharmacy board's agreement with owners of Canada Drug Outlet to close its drug importation storefront.
- Government imposes dumping duty on Chinese paracetamol. // FRPT- Chemical Snapshot;11/17/2013, p12
The article reports on the enforcement of the anti-dumping duty on Chinese paracetamol by India's Central Board of Excise and Customs. Topics covered include the importance of the regulation to protect domestic players from cheap shipments, use of paracetamol in drug formulations and impact on...
- Internet Pharmacies Shipping Canada's Drug Supply South. Skinner, Brett J. // Fraser Forum;Mar2006, p18
The article asserts that the Canadian government interference in drug pricing is driving the cross-border drug trade that is causing the shortage of drug supply in Canada. Internet pharmacies has been selling Canadian-made drugs to the United States. American consumers have been buying...
- Drugged. Benson, Josh // New Republic;11/17/2003, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p12
The author argues that re-importing prescription drugs from Canada is not the solution to the high cost of pharmaceuticals in the United States. The latest drug craze sweeping the country involves an idea, not a substance: the prospect of saving billions of dollars by purchasing inexpensive...
- Senate approves importation amendment. // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the Senate approval for the importation of drugs from Canada to the U.S. Requirement for the Health and Human Services to certify the importation; Reason on the failure to implement importation legislation; Importance of the legislation on reducing drug prices.
- Importing Government. Stone, Deborah // American Prospect;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p21
Comments on the trend of U.S. citizens and retail pharmacies importing drugs from Canada. Political issues challenging the U.S. pharmaceutical industry; Ways on how Canada keep its drug prices lower than those of the U.S.; Debate drawn by the proposed reimportation of drugs.
- States plan Canadian Rx imports. // Drug Topics;10/6/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 19, p8
Reports that the governments of Iowa and Minnesota have joined Illinois in exploring Canadian drug importation in to lower prescription costs.
- Cracking down on cross-border drug sales. M.L.; J.G.D. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the Canadian government has officially taken the responsibility for the safety and quality of prescription drugs imported into the U.S. Government's response to a major concern expressed by opponents of cross-border drug sales; Pharmaceutical companies' threat to withhold its drugs...