Pandemic plan: Is the vaccine supply secure?
- Shire, Salix in Euro Pact. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/22/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 21, p17
Deals with a business agreement signed by Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC and Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Terms and value of the deal.
- product showcase. // Pharmacy Today;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p38
The article offers several information related to drug approval in the U.S. in 2011. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) revealed the approval of the 2011-2012 influenza vaccines. Merz Aesthetics revealed the approval of incobotulinumtoxin A (Xeomin) by the FDA for temporary improvement of...
- Decisions Update. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Oct2009, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p12
The article offers developments related drug approval decisions. Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC has obtained the approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Intuniv for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Theravance Inc. and Astellas Pharma US Inc. unveiled that...
- Industry News Headlines April 15, 2004 - May 14, 2004. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;June 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p20
Reports developments in the biotechnology industry as of April 2004. Acquisition of Shire Pharmaceuticals by ID Biomedical Corp.; Details on the lawsuit filed by Biota against GlaxoSmithKline PLC for failure to promote influenza drug; Sale of Zonegran, an ani-epiletic drug to Eisai Inc.
- $135M Deal Saves Shire 2 Years Toward CNS Drug. Hollingsworth, Catherine // BioWorld Today;4/25/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 81, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of a Phase I-II drug candidate for metachromatic leukodystrophy (MLD) by Shire plc. The deal with Danish biotech Zymenex AS is valued at $135 million. Under the deal, Shire is given global rights to Metazym, pending customary consents. No royalties or other...
- Shire agrees on vaccines sale to IDB. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/26/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2097, p9
Reports on the agreement made by Shire Pharmaceuticals to sell its vaccines business to ID Biomedical. Operating loss of the vaccines business in 2003; Details of the agreement; Number of employees affected by the sale.
- Shire to acquire rights to UCB's hyperactivity drug. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Apr2009, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the agreement between biopharmaceutical companies Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC and UCB to acquire worldwide rights to the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) treatment Equasym IR and XL. It states that the acquisition develop Shire's ADHD portfolio and...
- Shire to acquire Jerini. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the strategic agreement reached by Jerini AG and Shire PLC. It claims that Shire will make a voluntary public takeover offer to all shareholders of Jerini. It will also be offering E6.25 per share in cash for all shares issued by Jerini which can be totalled to E328...
- Switzerland & Canada lift ban on Novartis flu vaccines. // Reactions Weekly;11/10/2012, Issue 1427, p3
The article reports on the decision of Health Canada and Swissmedic to lift the ban on the distribution of Novartis seasonal influenza vaccines Agrippal and Fluad in Canada and Switzerland.