INTRINSIC AND EXTRINSIC FACTORS IN JOB SATISFACTION
- Cornerstones of Career Satisfaction in Medicine. Lepnurm, Rein; Danielson, Danton; Dobson, Roy; Keegan, David // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Jul2006, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p512
Objectives: To establish a reliable and concise measure of career satisfaction that covers all 4 of its dimensions and to document higher dimensions of satisfaction among the major medical specialties and across varying patterns of clinical practice. Methods: In 2004, we conducted a stratified,...
- Why Are Young Teachers Refusing to Teach School? Igonina, M. V. // Russian Education & Society;Nov2009, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p10
The article presents a study which offers some reasons why young teachers refuse to teach schools in Russia. It mentions that the teaching profession does not entice the young people to teach in schools since it is unpopular and most of the schoolteachers are manned by females. It states that...
- Toward the Concept of Self-Idealization Motive. Kaup, Shekkar Shetty // Training & Development Journal;Jul67, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p22
Discusses the concept of self-idealization motive. Theory of human motivation; Social needs; Self actualization; 'I' motive; Goal setting; Accident versus intent.
- Go aheadâ€”be a quitter. Meyer, Andrea // Glamour;Jan2003, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p73
Offers advice on how a woman can determine whether an endeavor she has started is worth finishing in the long run or not. Need to balance the rewards of finishing a task with the hassles of trying to make it work out; Establishment of a deadline for completing the task.
- What I Know for Sure. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p248
The article presents the author's comments on the journey to self-actualization and reaching the potential as a human being.
- UPWARD OR DOWNWARD COMPARISON AFTER FAILURE. THE ROLE OF DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION. Michinov, Nicolas; Monteil, Jean-Marc // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;1997, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p389
What leads people to select an upward or a downward social comparison after a threat? This experiment examines a basic interpretation proposed in the literature according to which, in a threatening situation, the choice of direction for a social comparison, upward or downward, depends on the...
- Create the Future. Marshall, Edward M. // Personal Excellence;Mar2007, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p7
The article offers pieces of advice about the choices made in life. The author says part of choosing how a person want it to be in the future is to choose whether or not to let go of the past. He adds that resignation about the future can be countered with optimism and faith in oneself. A person...
- Motivating and Retaining Volunteers. Spencer, Gayle // Campus Activities Programming;Mar2006, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p28
Offers ideas on ways to motivate and retain volunteers. Importance of achieving self-actualization to volunteers; Reasons for volunteers' lost of interest in an organization; Rights of volunteers.
- 50 WAYS TO FIX YOUR LIFE. Butler, Carolyn Kleiner // U.S. News & World Report;12/27/2004-1/3/2005, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p30
Introduces a series of articles on how to change your lifestyle. Obsession of Americans with self-improvement; The difficulty of making lasting changes; Keys to success; The importance of setting realistic goals; The benefits of making a concerted effort to improve your lifestyle.