VAT's the way to do it!
- VAT invoices -- Have you figured out the changes? // Credit Management;Apr2004, p25
From January 1, 2004, new rules were implemented that will change the way in which VAT invoices must be completed in Great Britain. Every business is affected. As part of the continuing drive towards harmonization across the European Union, Member States have agreed to implement the EC Invoicing...
- VAT update. Elliot, Graham // Accountancy;Jan2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1325, p144
This section presents an update on value-added tax (VAT) in Great Britain as of January 2004. Business Brief 23/2003 outlines changes which come into force on January 1, 2004 and which affect all European Union businesses. The European Commission invoicing directive takes effect from January...
- Are you ready for VAT changes? James, Steve // Metalworking Production;Jan2004, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p7
Explains the implications of the changes in the value-added tax (VAT) law in Great Britain to exporters. Changes to the invoicing formats; Need for a written agreement between the supplier and the recipient of the goods or services who prepares the self-billing documentation; Requirements to...
- VAT payment rules need not be taxing. // Mortgage Strategy;7/21/2008, p15
The article discusses how the value added tax (VAT) must be treated when arranging conveyancing services for clients. According to Revenue & Customs, a supplier of an exempt intermediary service is a person who brings together a person seeking a financial service with a person who provides a...
- VAT (General) Regulationsâ€”an examination of parts I to IV. Brown, John // Accountancy;May78, Vol. 89 Issue 1017, p22
The article examines parts I to IV of the Value Added Tax (VAT) General Regulations 1977 in Great Britain. This first part concerns citation, interpretation and revocation and savings. The second part focuses on registration, notification and provisions for special cases. The third part deals...
- GST WATCH. Hill, Peter; Murrill, Maureen // BRW;09/29/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p22
Offers tips on how to comply with the goods and services tax (GST) in Australia as of September 29, 2000. GST ruling on preparation of tax invoices in advance of supplies.
- GST WATCH. Stacey, Paul; Murrill, Maureen // BRW;10/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p24
Discusses the goods and services tax provisions regarding the loss of tax invoices in Australia as of October 20, 2000. Loss of tax credits.
- The quantum leap. Ebrahim, Hanief // Finance Week;11/8/2004, p74
Focuses on the decision of the Revenue Service to substitute its pervious written value added tax (VAT) views with warranty type transactions in South Africa. Effect of the decision on businesses that provide their clients with warranties; Rules on warranty under the new regulations.
- VAT NEWS. McCallion, Eamonn // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p75
The article offers information on cases decided by the European Court of Justice relating to value-added taxation (VAT). Information is provided on the cases, which dealt with the proper jurisdiction for the application of VAT tax on telephone calling cards, the VAT tax on discretionary...